Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA 9 Jordan Rookie - Worth Re-Holdering?

I have a PSA 9 Jordan rookie that I pulled out of a pack and had graded years ago - at least a decade at this point. From a value standpoint (and maybe eventual sale), is it worth having the Jordan re-slabbed in a new PSA slab? I'm attending the National, so I could do it on site for $100. Just curious the boards thought on whether the new slab vs. the old slab matters?

Thanks!

For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.

Comments

• I would say yes in all cases since you won't have to wait a year to get it back and even more so in this case with all that frosting around the case :(

• balco758balco758 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree. As long as they don’t re-holder it something less than a 9!

• Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

Does it move around in that holder at all? If it doesn't I'd be tempted to keep it in there. Caveat: I don't know if 1986 Fleer tends to fit loose in newer holders, can anyone confirm this?

• RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭

For $100 it's a no brainer. That way it looks like it was graded during the newer "tougher" era

• VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

I would 100% get it reholdered. It's going to make it a lot more attractive.

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn’t waste a whole day in line. When I buy a card I couldn’t care less which holder it is in.

• dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

My concern is the potential mangling during the whole process and the fact I might drop it in route. I get the attractiveness of the new holder, however I am not buying the holder. Those who know this issue know what’s real and I would not hesitate regardless of holder.

*Says the guy with the 9 as well without the latest holder.

• canjondcanjond Posts: 422 ✭✭✭

Thanks guys. Appreciate the advice and help.

For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.
  • thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Until the complaints of new bends/dings subside, I would not send anything high value to PSA. I want Nat to explain, in great detail, how they are going to STOP that from happening going forward.

• ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

I would definitely reholder. The blacked out bar code and serial number would drive me crazy!😳😂😂