Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Mislabel error resulting in significant value swing

Does PSA stand behind their labels on the secondary market?
For example
If you buy a 1993 Upper Deck Gold Hologram Derek Jeter PSA 9 on the secondary market for $1,000
You get the card shipped and see it's not a Gold Holo, but just a regular UD - worth about $75 on secondary market
The label says Gold Holo, and the seller was unaware it was anything different than the label claimed it to be

So who's on the hook for this?
Does PSA reimburse a buyer based on the label value? Or is the buyer or seller just screwed due to the PSA mistake?
Another card this could be common on is Topps Tiffany or OPC/Topps - or other older parallels

Comments

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

If this happened to me I would expect the seller to take it back and make me whole and then he can work it out with PSA.

• Options

In the end that's what will happen, but the seller bought from secondary market too so eventually somebody is left hung - my thought is it should be the company that claims to be the top of the industry

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think PSA would stand behind it and compensate the owner of the card.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dictoresno said:

Is there anything documented that shows they have "ponied up" in these situations?

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

You shouldn’t have to deal with this. Return the card to the seller, get your money back and let him deal with that issue.

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

@dictoresno said:

Ummm.. I don’t think so.

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

I'm assuming front and back pics were shown, but never saw it was the wrong one before buying?

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is sort of up to you, as the submitter to confirm the labels are correct. Someone, somewhere, knew the label was wrong and sold it claiming it to be something other than what the card actually is. IMO, PSA is not responsible.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com