Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only on the auction coins.
    It seems none of the buy it nows are fresh roll coins.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

There was a fellow that was very upset over the grades he got after submitting some coins to NGC that he bought from this seller. He started a rant on it ats blaming the TPG, a few there pointed out the flaws in the coins not the service.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,163 ✭✭✭✭✭

The raw CC dollars are fresh from original mint bags! Guess the GSA missed a few….

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    csdotcsdot Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 4, 2021 8:58PM

I noticed those photos when his coins popped up in the suggested items below some Morgans I was viewing last week. The fact that a dealer would leave money on the table by selling so many shiny coins raw sent up huge red flags for me.

Either he has the nicest coins ever minted and doesn't care about maximizing his profit, a special "shiny picture taking camera" as Justacommeman said, or the juice pumped way up on the photo editing software.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,565 ✭✭✭✭✭

He purchased a dozen or so bags of Morgans. All Uncs. Many of the graded coins were from these bags that he then submitted to the grading companies. But, he does sell "rolls" that are salted and he knows exactly what is in them. Total scam on the rolls. Any raw coins on ebay he's already passed over as for submitting them. Raw dregs on ebay.

bob :)
    He's been selling rolls for years.

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

It appears he really juices those images, too.

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

…a loser is a loser ;)

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,570 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pass

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, bought some rolls once from them. I got lucky and silver doubled in price and I was able to break even eventually. Learned a lot from that. On the bright side, they were all uncirculated.

• Options
    planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭

I notice that the latest PCGS slabs with the blue gradient tag make it readily apparent when the contrast, saturation, etc are all jacked up by the photo editor. I wonder if that was one of the goals of the new design.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

He also seems to be a fan of MS70 looking at all the blue and purple copper.

• Options
    fiftysevenerfiftysevener Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭

Peace dollars have altered surfaces

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

Grift comes to mind.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

They sell a lot.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 5, 2021 9:56PM

100percent feedback and years on eBay. The feedback sez great good as described love this seller and so forth. That is some front to maintain. How do they do it

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@crazyhounddog said:
    I actually bought a buffalo nickel from this clown just because my curiosity got to me. I bought a 1923-s buffalo nickel for around 800 bucks. Once I received the coin it was obvious the coin was NOT out of a roll. I would grade it AU-58 with lamination. His pics sure as hell did not show the problems as they we’re hidden in the dark areas of his images. As you can clearly see there’s rub on the buffalo’ hipbone and flank area. I have heard through the grapevine he, the seller, buys coins that are slabbed then cracked out to sell under his format as an uncirculated coin from a roll. I’ve been told he buys uncirculated problem coins. It sure shows with the one and only coin I bought from this clown. Here are his pics along with my pics of this coin. The lamination, that has completely peeled off, is on the Indians hair about half way down the long feather. I returned the coin and received a refund. Then I left this seller neutral feedback explaining the problems which eBay removed for whatever reason. I think the reason they removed it is because eBay is making a killing off of his sales. That’s about all I can come up with. Then I see the same coin listed again with the same pics. Of course now I’m blocked😊
    Be careful out there.
    Happy hunting, Joe!

Is it generally possible to leave feedback after a refund? What about non-positive feedback?

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I noticed this several weeks ago. Their listings are "infecting" my saved searches and it's very annoying.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 6, 2021 9:02AM

I too had been very curious about this seller and had all the same questions previously brought up.
    Some of those raw non- P mint Peace dollars at auction really had me scratching my head. They looked way too nice and were getting lots of action. They got my alarm bells ringing but I didn’t bite, though admittedly came close on a few.

Thank you for sharing your illuminating experience and report with that Buffalo experience Joe @crazyhounddog.

And thank you @tradedollarnut for bringing up these questions!

What a great forum!

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinbuf said:
    There was a fellow that was very upset over the grades he got after submitting some coins to NGC that he bought from this seller. He started a rant on it ats blaming the TPG, a few there pointed out the flaws in the coins not the service.

Do you have a link to this thread ATS?

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jerseycat101 said:

@coinbuf said:

Do you have a link to this thread ATS?

Sure, here you go. https://ngccoin.com/boards/topic/425173-going-to-have-to-leave-ngc-behind/#comments

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not surprisingly, he is also a heavy user of shill bidding. Just check out some of the bidder history on his auctions. When you get someone who has 99% of all his bids with one seller and is bidding on 45 coins in a wide variety of coin types, it's a shill bidder...

• Options
    jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you @coinbuf

Canyon City recently auctioned a colorfully toned 1921 Peace Dollar, purportedly from an original roll, but even from their pictures, it had unusual surface striations.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting Canyon City is a very large prison complex in Colorado didn’t know they sold coins 😂🙀

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file