Home Sports Talk

Brady share thoughts on chances of a repeat

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been a long time since we've talked about Tom Brady around here, so here are his thoughts of the Bucs chances of repeating.

The Spun

Tom Brady Shares Honest Admission On Repeat Chances

Of all people, Tom Brady knows a thing or two about trying to win back-to-back Super Bowls. After walking away from the 2020 season with the Lombardi Trophy, the 43-year-old Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback will try to lead his team back to the title game this upcoming year.

But, Brady is acutely aware of how difficult that task will be. The Buccaneers returned almost all of their contributors from the 2020 championship team, but will still need to navigate every other difficulty that comes with trying to repeat. Tampa Bay’s season last year could’ve gone much differently, so Bruce Arians and Brady will need to try to limit the groups mistakes in crucial moments.

In a press conference on Wednesday, Brady spoke candidly about the difficulty of the Buccaneers repeating as Super Bowl champions, per Pro Football Talk:

“I think the assumption [that it won’t be difficult] comes from the belief that it will just be exactly like it was last year,” Brady said. “I think that’s what you’ve got to not fall into is that, ‘Oh, this is the way it worked last year, so this is the way it will be this year.’ The reality is everything is different. The teams will approach you a little bit differently. You’re kind of the team everyone is watching now, so there are different degrees of expectation. There’s more external noise, there will be more people that will be wanting to come to games [and] more opportunities to do things outside of football. I think the reality is that you’ve got to stay focused on what’s really important. How do you improve? How do you get better from week to week, day to day? Improve your routine, improve your communication with your teammates [and] with your coaches. Not allow your mind to really fall into this position that you make this assumption that just because you did something in February that you’ll do it again next February because that’s not the reality of football – it’s way too competitive.

“Even the games we won last year were very razor-thin margins. One or two plays make the difference in every game. From how I feel about it and how [Bruce Arians] has talked about it with our team — he’s done a great job of keeping us focused, keeping the intensity there, allowing us to continue to work out together and communicate and make improvements that we need to make because I feel like we’re not finished projects. It was really our first opportunity to play together last year and there’s a lot of opportunity for us to grow into something that could be very different. We’ve got to improve the things that we did well, and we’ve got to certainly build on a lot of things that we didn’t do very well. All those things can be improved. I think that’s a commitment to a daily process of trying to improve. That just comes from working at it and we’ve got a lot of guys who like to do that — a very competitive group of guys.”

The last time a team won consecutive Super Bowls was when the Patriots accomplished the feat in 2003 and 2004. The quarterback when they did? Tom Brady, of course.

Brady and the Buccaneers will do their best to pull off the nearly impossible goal starting on Sept. 12.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course, Brady is just being modest, he knows darn good and well that the Bucs will repeat next season. He knows darn good and well!

Oh man, I left out the "s" in the word "share" in the title of the thread. I meant to put "shares". Well, I'm not going to attempt to edit it because every time I try to edit a thread title lately, the thread disappears and a message pops up that says something like "this discussion has to be approved" and I have to redo the thread all over again. I'm not falling for that one again!

I'm proclaiming right here, right now that the Bucs will repeat as champions. I'll bump this thread after the Super Bowl just to remind everyone of my talents regarding NFL predictions!

And while I didn't win the NFL picks contest last year, I have a good excuse. I was coming off of a toe injury, and my focus was on that. My toe is better now, and somebody better look out!

I have nothing else to do, so I've been trying to find the actual photo that was used for Brady on the cover of Madden 18, but I can't seem to find it. This is the closest I could find, but it's not the same exact one, I'm disappointed.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I have nothing else to do, so I've been trying to find the actual photo that was used for Brady on the cover of Madden 18, but I can't seem to find it. This is the closest I could find, but it's not the same exact one, I'm disappointed.

>

Horseshoes . Grenades. And Brady pictures.

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

>

Horseshoes . Grenades. And Brady pictures.

Not the Brady picture I wanted. I have failed you. 😢

This should make up for my failure, a beautiful picture of Brady in the snow.

@Doubledragon Change it to a picture from the 59-0 snow game with the throwback uniforms, and you can consider yourself forgiven. 😂

@thisistheshow said:
    @Doubledragon Change it to a picture from the 59-0 snow game with the throwback uniforms, and you can consider yourself forgiven. 😂

Is this the right game?

One thing about Brady that was always amazing, he played well in bad conditions.

@doubledragon That's it. I love that game.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

that was such a great game.

Tommy >Chuck Norris

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.