Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Have any you guys tried Pcgs reconsideration service

How successful were you submitting coins for reconsideration. Did you get upgrades

Answers

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

A couple of years ago they had a quarterly special. I sent 4 or 5 and got no change on any.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    robbylu52robbylu52 Posts: 287 ✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2021 4:35PM

@ChrisH821 said:
    A couple of years ago they had a quarterly special. I sent 4 or 5 and got no change on

• Options

Nah, I know some people have gotten nice upgrades through reconsideration.
    Of the coins I sent, I was only really surprised that one of them didn't at least get a plus. It was an absolutely gorgeous 1925 SLQ in 63FH. The others were a 1965 SMS cent that I thought deserved CAM, a 72-S Ike in 68+ that I thought might be able to sneak into 69, a toned 55 Proof Franklin that deserves a CAM, and a MS63 1921 Peace that looks like a 64.

• Options

Here's the order if you are curious, it was late 2018 that they ran the special. 3 of 5 have trueviews. I sold that Ike on GC and it did quite well.
    https://www.pcgs.com/shared-orders/order-details/21517630

• Options
    edited May 11, 2021 4:39PM

• Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robbylu52 said:
    True I withdraw that pcgs racket statement. I don’t really know about consideration success rate, just figured the grading services always looking for more ways to make money from collectors

You may wish to utilise the edit function.

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

…back in the day, I was at the PCGS grading class at LBE and David Hall said every single reconsideration hit his desk…don’t know how long that lasted but I thought it was cool ;)

• Options

@PerryHall said:

@robbylu52 said:

@ChrisH821 said:
    A couple of years ago they had a quarterly special. I sent 4 or 5 and got no change on any.

Sounds like a pcgs racket

Are you trying to get yourself banned? :o

@PerryHall said:

@robbylu52 said:

@ChrisH821 said:

Sounds like a pcgs racket

Are you trying to get yourself banned? :o

Sorry my apologies statement was rash and off the cuff. Just seems like everyone wants to make extra money off collectors. I withdraw that statement

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robbylu52 said:
    Just seems like everyone wants to make extra money off collectors.

Why would you want to have your coins upgraded?

• Options

@Aotearoa said:

@robbylu52 said:
    True I withdraw that pcgs racket statement. I don’t really know about consideration success rate, just figured the grading services always looking for more ways to make money from collectors

Where is the edit and how do I delete

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MasonG said:

@robbylu52 said:
    Just seems like everyone wants to make extra money off collectors.

Why would you want to have your coins upgraded?

When collectors profit, it is noble. They are blessed creatures unlike businessman who are servants of Satan.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robbylu52 said:

@Aotearoa said:

@robbylu52 said:

Where is the edit and how do I delete

Click on the gear icon, which appears in the upper right corner of your post, to the right of the date and time. It will bring up “Edit”, then click on that.

Once you’ve perfected that, when you’re replying to a particular post, you might want to learn to include/quote it in your reply. It can make it much easier for other members to follow a discussion.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options

After you get to edit how do I exactly delete

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robbylu52 said:

After you click on Edit, your post will appear in a window and you can edit it or delete it completely, as you would a text or email.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2021 4:03PM

@robbylu52 said:

Once you get to edit, just change your original post to your desired post. In the case of total deletion, just replace the original post with a period.

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robbylu52 said:

As mentioned you have to edit and put something else in its place. The forum software does not give anyone the permission to delete. Only a moderator can do that.

• Options

Thanks for your help

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file