Home Autographs Forum

Sending in autographs for authentication

If you do not request a grade on the card itself are these still facing the same type of wait times at PSA?
Do these orders get logged and show up in the same list of orders as the cards getting graded?
Thanks for any assistance.

Comments

• picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

Don't know about wait time but cost has gone up.. quite a bit.
    To the point unless its big name might want to wait.

• burghmanburghman Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭

Wait times for autographs are much shorter than cards as long as you're only asking for the auto to be reviewed. The most recent group sub - just autograph authentication/encapsulation, no card grading - for 1900 items was sent 1/23/2021, logged 2/6, and the first of the 18 subs that it was broken into popped on 3/8. Since then, the other 17 sub-subs have popped so they're moving much quicker than the bulk and lower cost card timeframes.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1047456/annual-psa-dna-bulk-submission-autograph-encapsulation-only

I didn't realize PSA/DNA pricing increased - I knew cards had gone up, but haven't paid attention to autos. I did see a quarterly special for baseballs and cuts with regular fees under $35 only costing $15, so you may still find the cost affordable - again, assuming you're not looking to grade the card.

Jim

• McvillagehtxMcvillagehtx Posts: 103 ✭✭✭

The reason I asked originally was i sent them priority flat rate small box and put it in the blue collection bin in front of post office.
    Never has been scanned yet by USPS.
    Just wondering if st some point it would show in my account inside my PSA account. It was autograph verification only. No grading. Sent with the printed out form that i believe is the only way to do the autograph certification if you are not also grading..
    Has not showed up with my other grading orders in my account, but not sure if it's even supposed to do so.

I sent two different items by priority two days apart and put both in the blue box and neither was ever scanned at any point. I can't imagine someone just came and stole the contents of the blue deposit box out front of the post office but i guess you never know. I would have thought that somewhere along it's trip someone would have scanned one of the two of them both going to different coasts in the US.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2021 12:39AM

How do you know the tracking numbers? Did you print your own labels?

Personally, I'd want the hand it to someone.

• burghmanburghman Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭

PSA has a package locator that you can use to see if they received your package and just haven’t entered it yet. If the USPS hasn’t scanned it, I’m not sure that it would have made it to PSA but can’t hurt to check. Might need to open a missing package case with USPS.

Jim

• coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you hand addressed the box and placed postage stamps on the box, you are required to present it to a retail clerk at a station. Placing such a box in a drop box disqualifies it from any handling, as it is considered an anonymous mailing that is deemed suspicious by regulation. It may be impounded at the station awaiting review by Postal Inspectors.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• McvillagehtxMcvillagehtx Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2021 6:06PM

@JBK said:
    How do you know the tracking numbers? Did you print your own labels?

Personally, I'd want the hand it to someone.

Click and ship. Printed label and stuck it in the blue container in front of the post office. Actually did the same a few days earlier for a Kurt Busch photo i was sending to get autographed through the mail. That one also never scanned.
    Not sure if that's good news or bad.
    Perhaps they just never scan them when they come from that box and then go a different route... Or perhaps they just steal all the priority boxes from there. Who knows.
    I've mailed hundreds of boxes without handing to someone by using the 24 hour indoor drop box but that one is 20 minutes from the house and i was lazy that week.
    I'm still holding out hope that psa is just that backed up still and hasn't gotten to it. There was no barcode for the order outside the box because I was unclear on how to do that with an autograph.
    I would have no way of knowing about the ttm auto until it shows back up some day.. ...i hope.