Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

[CLOSED] "Win LordM's Loot" Giveaway #13 (aka CoinTalk Giveaway #55

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2, 2021 7:52AM in Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

*** This giveaway is now CLOSED. ***

"Win LordM's Loot" Giveaway #13 (aka CoinTalk Giveaway #55)

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/lordm-giveaway-55-pick-your-prize.379265/

This is another CoinTalk giveaway, but it is also open to Collectors Universe members.

When you post an entry here, just follow the same guidelines mentioned in the thread over there.

You may also post one entry per site, so if you have a CoinTalk membership you may post one there in addition to your entry here, thereby doubling your chances in the random drawing.

All entries from both sites will be tallied up in the same drawing, which should be held sometime in mid-May (2021).

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• YoloBagelsYoloBagels Posts: 151 ✭✭✭

Entry Post
    If I won I would put the winnings towards the reales. Thank you!

• Entry Post
    I don't have a 63-D Benjie yet, so it might be that. But some of those proofs are also tempting. Thanks for the chance!

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

@YoloBagels and @AZSteve - your entries have been posted on the CoinTalk thread.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • ENTRY POST
    My choice is the same as on CT
    Thanks for an extra chance

Hope for the best, expect the worst, take what comes

• Nathan401Nathan401 Posts: 56 ✭✭✭

Entry post
    This was received in change at the Pizza Shop. Notice the strong die gouge or polish line in the field next to Lincoln’s face.

@UrbanDecay04
    @expat
    @Nathan401

Your entry posts have been registered on the CoinTalk thread.

@Nathan401 said:
    Entry post
    This was received in change at the Pizza Shop. Notice the strong die gouge or polish line in the field next to Lincoln’s face.

Man, that looks like a proof. But the mintmark looks like a D? Am I just seeing things? Nice flashy find, regardless.

• Nathan401Nathan401 Posts: 56 ✭✭✭

It’s an S, just an out-of-focus shot. Someone must’ve busted into Dads collection somewhere. I took it home and saved it, being the hoarder that I am. Lol

• EagleScout2017EagleScout2017 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2021 7:47AM

Entry Post

If I won, I'd put my $25 credit towards the Panamanian balboa or the Mt. Argaeus provincial.

Anyway, to add something related to numismatics, here are a pair of recent acquisitions from a defunct local bank that I'm quite excited about.

delenda est WitterU

@EagleScout2017 - your entry post has been registered on the CoinTalk thread.

Cool notes! Fun vignettes and such. I like stuff like that, though I stick to round metallic items rather than paper.

Tennessee, eh? Here is a TN token I picked up last June. I'm not thrilled with the existing photos of it. Looks nicer in person.

• EagleScout2017EagleScout2017 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan said:
    @EagleScout2017 - your entry post has been registered on the CoinTalk thread.

Cool notes! Fun vignettes and such. I like stuff like that, though I stick to round metallic items rather than paper.

Tennessee, eh? Here is a TN token I picked up last June. I'm not thrilled with the existing photos of it. Looks nicer in person.

That's a nice token, @lordmarcovan. I'm pretty sure I remember you posting this over on Cointalk a few months back. Regardless, it's certainly in better shape than the $2 note I posted.

delenda est WitterU

• Rob9874Rob9874 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭✭

Entry Post

I would put it towards the 1917 Standing Liberty Quarter. Love the look of that coin!

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post. If I were to win I would chose the CBH or a flying eagle cent. Thanks for the chance!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• MJ1927MJ1927 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭

Entry Post: I'd love to put the prize towards that 1947 Balboa of yours - the reverse is stunning! Thanks for the opportunity as always!

• Raybob15239Raybob15239 Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

Entry post:

I would put it towards one of the flying eagle or Indian head cents for my 12YO son's collection.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Successful B/S/T transactions: As Seller: PascoWA (June 2008); MsMorrisine (April 2009); ECHOES (July 2009) As Buyer: bfjohnson (July 2008); robkool (Dec 2010); itsnotjustme (Dec 2010) TwoSides2aCoin (Dec 2018) PrivateCoin Jan 2019
  • DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2021 8:54PM

Entry Post:

I'd have to start with the 1919-P Walker, as it's both under-budget AND one I still need!! Then I could also apply the balance towards the 1899-O Barber half, since I don't have any of that series. Thx for the giveaway opportunity!!

-- Dave :)

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did I win ?

• JimWJimW Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭

Entry Post - definitely would go with one of the FE cents! Thanks!

Successful BST Transactions: erwindoc, VTchaser, moursund, robkool, RelicKING, Herb_T, Meltdown

edited August 2, 2021 7:47AM

Hi, folks. After a hectic late spring and busy summer, with some challenges presented by “real” life, I went on hiatus from the hobby completely. I did try to wrap up all of my sale and swap obligations beforehand, but left the giveaway business dangling because I thought I’d be back in time to deal with it.

Alas, that did not happen, and my absence ended up being protracted to nearly three months. Sorry.

Then when I came back and caught up with everything on CoinTalk, and very belatedly did the drawing for this contest, I completely forgot to come back here to CU and check for new entries since my last update.

This means that the last few folks who entered here were accidentally omitted from the drawing. Sorry about that. Let me check back here and see who you were, and I’ll see that you get extra entries in my new (bigger) giveaway.

Let me track back and catch up here, and I’ll make it up to y’all.

edited August 2, 2021 7:48AM

OK-

I believe the following folks' entries from this site did not get tallied over on the CT thread prior to the final drawing for this (CT Giveaway #55). I notice that some of you did manage to post your own CT entries directly under your credentials there. Those entries did get counted, but just did not win in the drawing. It's only your late-breaking CU entries over here in this thread that did not get counted.

I believe y'all are:

@Rob9874
    @Kliao
    @MJ1927
    @Raybob15239
    @DBSTrader2
    @JimW

Each of you has now gotten a free entry in the new CoinTalk Giveaway #57. This is in addition to any entries you may decide to post on that giveaway here, or directly on CT. At the bare minimum, you each now have one chance in the drawing, to make up for my overlooking you here in Giveaway #55.

@JimTyler said:
    Did I win ?

I don't see an entry post for you here in this thread. If you entered over on CT, you did get counted. But regardless, no, you didn't win- someone from CoinTalk did.

Sorry I was away so long.

~RWS/"LM"