Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

How to NOT see the grades in the Online Grading Process

Howdy fam - - last submissions were way before the sleek grading process with their step by step updates - etc...Can anyone tell me how I might avoid seeing the grades as I don't want to see them and would rather open them fresh out of the box with a glass of champagne ;)
(I had requested this with PSA and they said it's not possible - - but I think it's a cool idea...An option to show/not show the grades online until items are received..)
Thanks!

Comments

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t open any emails and don’t look at your submission online.

That said this might not work if an up charge comes in. They send you a list of your grades and highlight the ones that require additional grading fees.

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2021 5:08PM

i've heard these work:

• burghmanburghman Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2021 6:10PM

You can see the status of the order but not the grades unless you click into the order. The email they send you to let you know they’re done actually says something like “make it a surprise - don’t look”. Unless you’re up charged or perhaps have other problems. You’re safe to click into the order before grades pop to verify they have the right label info.

Jim

• RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭

Just stop looking at the order when it enters QA1 or QA2, though it can be in each of those statuses for a while. Eventually you will get an email saying your grades are ready. It will probably be days or a week before they actually ship from that point.

• Thanks except I'm sure there will be at least 1 up-charge in this order. I meant to put that in the original post - since obviously I could just ignore everything until I get them all back in the mail. So in the case of an up-charge - - do I have to confirm it - being it will probably show what grade it's going to - etc ? ?

• @Dpeck100 said:
    Don’t open any emails and don’t look at your submission online.

That said this might not work if an up charge comes in. They send you a list of your grades and highlight the ones that require additional grading fees.

Thanks except I'm sure there will be at least 1 up-charge in this order. I meant to put that in the original post - since obviously I could just ignore everything until I get them all back in the mail. So in the case of an up-charge - - do I have to confirm it - being it will probably show what grade it's going to - etc ? ?