Home Sports Talk
Options

Some swapping of first round draft picks. Miami, SF and Philly getting busy

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 26, 2021 10:58AM in Sports Talk

My normal news source is too busy posting pictures of horsey's

The Miami Dolphins and San Francisco 49ers are making a huge trade involving multiple picks in the upcoming 2021 NFL Draft.
The 49ers are acquiring the No. 3 overall pick from the Dolphins, while Miami gets the No. 12 overall pick, a 2022 third-round pick and San Francisco's 2022 and 2023 first-round picks, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.

And THEN

The Dolphins have acquired the No. 6 overall pick in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft from the Philadelphia Eagles, along with the No. 156 overall pick, in exchange for the No. 12 and No. 123 overall picks in 2021, along with a 2022 first-round selection.
The trade was announced by the Eagles not long after the Dolphins sent their No. 3 overall pick in 2021 to the 49ers for the aforementioned No. 12 pick that now belongs to Philadelphia.

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2021 11:46AM

The 49ers have to be moving up for a QB which probably means BB will try to make a deal for his bae,Jimmy.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2021 12:02PM

@Justacommeman said:

@doubledragon You know we all love you man, but someone has to be the bad guy around here. So I'm just going to say it.

While we all appreciate and benefit from your innumerable threads, your most immediate and dire everyday task is being on top of breaking sports news.

Don't take this the wrong way, just giving you some tough love. 💪❤️😂

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@Justacommeman said:

@doubledragon You know we all love you man, but someone has to be the bad guy around here. So I'm just going to say it.

While we all appreciate and benefit from your innumerable threads, your most immediate and dire everyday task is being on top of breaking sports news.

Don't take this the wrong way, just giving you some tough love. 💪❤️😂

Uh oh, I missed another story. My mind has been on horse racing today, and I can't break free. I'm out of the gate, and can't be stopped!

• Options

His mother was a mudda

• Options

I just watched Zach Wilson's Pro Day. Wowsers. That's my guy

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not free agency but SF swaps a 3 #1’s to move up to #3 and Miami gets SF #12 and a few token draft choices. Philly swaps their #6 for Miami’s #12 and some draft choices.

Here’s what it means. SF moves into the #3 spot to draft Justin Fields. Fields sits behind Jimmy G for a year and SF moves on and traded Jimmy G next year to New England.

The Jets a clinging to the #2 and drafts Zach Wilson and trades Darnold before the draft.

Obviously Miami thinks Tua is their franchise QB and gets a plethora of #1’s to build a team around him.

All this is just my speculation.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    Not free agency but SF swaps a 3 #1’s to move up to #3 and Miami gets SF #12 and a few token draft choices. Philly swaps their #6 for Miami’s #12 and some draft choices.

Here’s what it means. SF moves into the #3 spot to draft Justin Fields. Fields sits behind Jimmy G for a year and SF moves on and traded Jimmy G next year to New England.

The Jets a clinging to the #2 and drafts Zach Wilson and trades Darnold before the draft.

Obviously Miami thinks Tua is their franchise QB and gets a plethora of #1’s to build a team around him.

I would think that they are going to move Garoppolo now, not next year.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

I would think that they are going to move Garoppolo now, not next year.

They could always draft a QB, trade Jimmy and sign Alex Smith for one year

m

• Options
    AC000000AC000000 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

You might be right. I can see this going through Belichick’s head too. Makes sense that it’s all worked out and why New England re-signed Cam Newton for one (more) year.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was a huge trade for these teams. I like it

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a Browns fan. I noticed this story a few hours ago and the first thought I had was that's it's refreshing that all the NFL news is swirling around other Teams. I think that bodes well, when the Team you follow doesn't have much drama and/or need to busy themselves with circling the PR wagons.

I actually have to search for news about Cleveland.