Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Newbie Question about how much it will cost to PSA Kobe

Found the old BBALL collection I had with my Dad. Found the Topps Kobe 138 card (not Chrome). I see the values fluctuate so much on eBay. Never had a card graded and wondering how much I should shoot for on value. This card is in great shape but doubt it would be a 10. Who knows though? Do I pay up?

I have 12 other different Kobe rookies as well (same issue but lower values).

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Post scans (preferable) or pics (if that's all you've got) and it will be easier to give accurate advice.

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

These came pretty dark, my scanner kind of sucks and they are in sleeves. Appreciate the feedback

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say sub all at PSA 8 pricing for declared value (maybe the Collector's Choice at 7s), upper right corner on the back of the Topps would worry me the most, but that could easily be the scans as I don't see anything from the front. I subbed one a couple months back that I think was a touch nicer and split the difference between 8-9 pricing for declared value. That's a really nice batch of Kobe RCs!

• Options

Thank you, when I saw that Kobe Chrome news I figured I needed to go through the boxes. Luckily my dad kept these all organized and in good condition. I remember it was a lot of fun opening boxes. We (he) collected everything basketball from 90 to 2000 and going through the cards is a lot of fun. Not sure if I want to jump back into it. I know the 80's and 90's cards were overproduced. So trying to pull out one that might have value.

• Options

• Options

• Options

Have a lot of 92-93 cards and even sealed boxes. So have a lot of Shaq and some of those Jordans from those sets.

• Options
    bruin805bruin805 Posts: 50 ✭✭✭

I don't think it's worth submitting those Collector's Choice cards.

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you submit the #138 you should just put the value at the PSA 8 level. If you send as a regular submission it is going to cost you $100 and you are most likely going to wait 3-4 months to get the card back.

If you are just looking to keep the card long term, then it probably doesn't matter. If you are looking to sell and it comes back an 8, just remember that you are going to have about $115 in grading fees and shipping back from PSA, costs to ship it to PSA and the fees if you sell on Ebay that would most likely be about $75. Overall about $200 invested.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com