Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Another MJ Sticker for Grading Help! Why is this NOT an 8.5 or 9? Corner Scans/Good Scanner!

thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 25, 2021 3:57PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Evening,

Just picked this up and it arrived today, couldn't wait to post it! First hi Dollar Jordan I've ever owned! When I saw it I thought it had to be a candidate for a Bump, now in hand I'm twice as sure!

Was told the Card was Pack Pulled 30-35 years ago, Graded? and what does the Flip tell all you Experts. Am I looking at a Bump, 8.5+ for sure, maybe a 9. I still think the T/B Centering (As Good or better than 90% of the 8's on E-Bay, and is still within the MINT 9 criteria? The left to right is also well within the MINT 9 specs and better looking than 90% of the 8's and most of the MINT 9'sI Do we agree?

Any opinions, help greatly appreciated! Is this a $1000 Review or $500? I see Sales from 4K-13K.

Thanks All!

YeeHaw!

Neil

Comments

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

My primitive skills measure 54 - 46 LR and TB.

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

looks like the bottom right corner is fairly well touched.

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

Prices have dropped, so I would go with the cheaper option. It is a nice Jordan sticker but I don't think reviews are ever a sure thing. Probably a better chance you will be disappointed with no bump than getting a bump.

Robb

• Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn’t bother trying to bump,
    Left corner keeps it an 8

• Options

@OAKESY25 said:
    looks like the bottom right corner is fairly well touched.

If Only I knew How to use a Scanner!!!

Same thing I thought, and how Bad scans can be. Card in hand, that corner is immaculate, not a ding, nothing, some sort of optical illusion!. I have Scans from the Seller on all corners and they all Look Pristine! My Scanner is worth Sheize@!

As Nic mentioned, Centering is my concern, but I guess I just don't get the Same Card with Worse L/R Centering is a MINT 9 on Fee-Bay and Sells!

Thanks

Yeah!

Neil

@nam812 said:
    My primitive skills measure 54 - 46 LR and TB.

So Thats about what I got with my new fancy handy dandy Centering Tool. But what does that say about grading, 54 & 46 are within the MINT 9? Yes/No? Does the Slight Slight Slight Diamond Cut of the entire Sticker play into this?

Thanks

YeeHaw!

neil

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭

I'd say send it in at $500 as that would cover an 8.5. If they give you a 9, let them up charge you. The odds are against you, so no point in throwing money at them.

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2021 2:05AM

Neil,
    I think it looks good and believe the centering fits well within the listed parameters for a 9. I have a plethora of 8s that look better (to me) than many of my 9s. Grading is definitely a subjective endeavor. This all being said, I've not had much success at all with the whole review process. Remember when PSA went to half-grades? I sent in plenty of cards and failed miserably in nearly all cases. I have had some solid success by cracking and resubmitting. I've garnered several "upgrades" via this method. Nice card either way. Good luck! I think it is a mint card...of course, what I think doesn't matter much in this case. LOL B)

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2021 4:08AM

this on holder or card?

is that cert # prior to the .5 implementation? if so and that dent isn't on card, id go w russ' suggestion and go for the lower level review. pretty sure you'd yeehaw & take the up charge if it happened! 😉

solid card either way! nice clean back too.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:
    ........is that cert # prior to the .5 implementation?.........

It is after the .5 implementation, and this is known because the 8 comes below the NM-MT designation. If it had been next to the NM-MT like this: NM-MT 8, then it would have been graded before the .5 implementation.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nam812 said:

@blurryface said:
    ........is that cert # prior to the .5 implementation?.........

It is after the .5 implementation, and this is known because the 8 comes below the NM-MT designation. If it had been next to the NM-MT like this: NM-MT 8, then it would have been graded before the .5 implementation.

thank you! logging that lil tid-bit right next to mr. roy g. biv!

• Options

Afternoon,

Added Corner Scans, but as Nick Said, this was graded after .5 were added, then chances of this Bumping just went way down, way, way down! I'll probably just keep it as is and then hype the Fact it would look good in a 9 Flip when or if I go to sell it!!

Somebody could get that Bump, but not with my $500 I don't think!

Thanks

YeeHah!

Neil