Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Web Gallery

I am working on a web gallery thingy for coins and could use some feedback. Please check out the link below and let me know what you think and if you have any problems.

Web Gallery
Bill

09/07/2006

Comments

• Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭
    Very Nice.

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • Options
    What no us coins!!!!image Rotts
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle." Plato

....... bob**rgte**
  • Options
    GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    I like it. The only thing that bothered me a little was the information window that listed mintage, notes, etc. was halfway below the bottom of my screen. So every time I clicked on a coin, I would have to scroll down a little to read the info. I would prefer to have it up higher, or next to the coin, so when I clicked on the coin, I could see the info without having the scroll down. I know, that's picky. But it's just my opinion, and you wanted feedback. image Good luck with it!

Edited to add: I thought I was running on a 800 X 600 screen (17" monitor) but it could be operator error on my part. Sorry!
  • Options
    Geoman what resolution are you running at? (640 X 480?) That page should work on an 800 X 600 full screen.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    CaseyCasey Posts: 1,502 ✭✭
    Beautiful coins and the start of a nice site. I might have to jump over to the darkside soon!

Casey
  • Options
    All coins have been added in now. Plus the is also a GOLD Version.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    The clarity of the images is tip top. Very nice, very informative.

I would consider adding a splash page ebfore diving right into the coins.

I would also consider modifying the graphics for Silver Britania Collection - it's a little tough to read.

The scroll box is a nice touch as it allows flexibility if the descriptions get longer, however, if the descriptions are all digestible size, I would go to typ on the background, as all different people have all different screen sizes, etc.

Just some outside perspective.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clean, clear, uncluttered and informative. Highlights the coins very well. I really like the click feature that enlarges the coin for view, and provides the detailed information.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    First, let me start off by saying that it's really nice. Thus I only have one minor suggestion, which is to display the reverse by clicking a second time on obverse (interestingly, if you try it now, the 1895 one dollar image flashes for an instant).
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will be eventually adding a splash screen from which you can choose gold or silver. As for type on the background instead of the text box. I wanted to do that but the only way was to use frames and I really wanted to stick with one main page. As for the flicking of the 1895 image I guess that's part of the image swapping with javascript.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭

<< <i>All coins have been added in now. Plus the is also a GOLD Version. >>

Will you be adding the gold version to the main page so both can be accessed from the main page?

Never mind i missed the message you left about the splash page image

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • Options
    Is it Nathen? Or is it " Nathan " ?
  • Options
    Nathan
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    You need more contrast between the background and the links. Additionally the word "Britannias" is almost invisible (black on navy blue doesn't work too well).
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    A web gallery Hmmmmmmmm, would that be a subsiderary of Spider Enterprises?image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file