Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

First post! Difference between SGC 10 and SGC 10 Gold Label?

Hi, this is my first post, glad to be part of what seems like a great online community!

I'm trying to understand as clearly as I can the similarities/differences between the three main grading companies highest grades. I've got it pretty much figured out but can't find anything about the difference between a "regular" SGC 10 grade vs. an SGC Gold Label grade. Any help is much appreciated! -Doug

Comments

• emaremar Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭

Hi and welcome.
    Sgc grading standards are on their website:
    [https://gosgc.com/card-grading/submissions

Maybe if you could elaborate on your question, like market value between high grade and highest grade.
    It can be a difficult question to answer regarding market value differences.

I will say sgc is better known for their prewar

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • @emar said:
    Hi and welcome.
    Sgc grading standards are on their website:
    [https://gosgc.com/card-grading/submissions

Maybe if you could elaborate on your question, like market value between high grade and highest grade.
    It can be a difficult question to answer regarding market value differences.

I will say sgc is better known for their prewar

Thank you! I was looking at a modern (1990s) Jeter rookie card. The grade was a "regular" 10 GM. I saw the same card graded as a 10 PRI. I'm wondering if there's typically a large difference in market value between the two. (I have the same question regarding BGS 9.5 and 10). Thanks for your response. If anyone has any experience regarding the market value difference between the two SGC grades I'd definitely love to hear about it. Thanks!

• @JoeBanzai said:
    Welcome!

Thank you! And very cool awards for your Killebrew sets. My very young daughter (at the time) and I met him at a small card show in Phoenix once and he was so warm and kind towards my daughter. He made a couple of new fans that day!

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DonnieJeter said:

@JoeBanzai said:
    Welcome!

Thank you! And very cool awards for your Killebrew sets. My very young daughter (at the time) and I met him at a small card show in Phoenix once and he was so warm and kind towards my daughter. He made a couple of new fans that day!

Thank you for the kind words.

After watching him play while I was growing up, I finally got to meet him at an autograph signing. Even though I was an adult, I was "star struck" when first speaking to him.

He greeted me warmly, shaking my hand, asked me my name and where I was from in a way that made me feel like I was a special person. I met him a couple of more times in the next several years and he was always the same.

I have a photo somewhere with my son sitting on his lap.

"Harmon, you were the best"

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • emaremar Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure you'll get more follow up responses.
    Bgs 10 black label in modern trumps everything including psa 10. Extremely rare and highly coveted.
    I've tried to determine bgs 9.5 vs psa 10. I would say they are 40-50% of psa 10 value and that can vary.
    I have a stadium club Jeter in bgs 9.5. It's about $500-$600. Psa 10s are selling for $2k.
    You have to track the market separately.
    I'm not familiar with where Sgc would fall