Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

Coin swap

This part of the forum says “swap” although I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a swap before? What would be considered a swap? Would anybody be interested in doing one? I’d be game

Comments

• DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭

What part of the country are you from, and what are you looking to swap?

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, if you are trying to acquire a specific coin, spit it out. Ya never know until you try. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• Bruce7789Bruce7789 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭

OK, since you guys brought it up, I was thinking about setting up a swap. I inherited a fairly large (450 lb) coin collection and within this collection (or realistically, a hoard) there were a number of Canadian and foreign coins that I don't collect. I really don't need anything, but I don't need these coins, which consist of several groups of Canadian Nickels, one set is either mint set or proof quality from 1964 -2000 and another set is George VI from 1922 to the end of his era, all in Fine or better condition with multiples of these nickels. (IE, there are 8 ea 1922, 7 ea 1923, no 24's or 25's, etc). Canadian Mint sets from the 60's, 70's and 80's, There are a bunch of proofsets and individual $! coins in their presentation containers. etc. And lots of Etc.

Like I said, I really don't need anything, but there must be someone out there that could use them and I'll be posting pictures of the individual groups probably starting next week. Got some interesting coins I might like?...Lets swap! I only collect high grade (BU or better) Morgans and Wheat back LIncoln cents and already have most of the rare ones, so I don't think I'm going to get offered a 1895 MS65 Morgan, and don't expect to. I have no idea what these coins are worth and the trade isn't for value, it's for getting these things gone and maybe getting some interesting coins in exchange and they don't have to be Morgans or Lincolns. Got something you need? PM me and If I have it we'll work some kind of trade.

And strangely enough, there is a Russian CCCP proof set from 1974. Where and why my Aunt picked it up....?????? If this works out and I get rid of a bunch of coins, then we'll start on the American coins that i don't collect, like several complete sets of proof Roosevelt dimes. Including the rare ones. Or the Jefferson Nickles.....or over 300 Chinese coins that were brought back from the orient in the 1950's. They are all referenced, and each envelope has the name, weight, radius, Dynasty, etc.

Like I said, a hoard!

Let me know what you think!

• Bruce7789Bruce7789 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭

BTW, has anybody gort a use for a unopened 1973 San Francisco $50 mint bag of Lincoln cents? Would like to trade it for something I can use. PM me. and would like to trade it off for value!

I actually have 2 of them, but my 8 YO Grandson cut one open with his new pocketknife his dad gave him and got something I would go to jail for for child abuse in today's environment! I have to figure out what to do with it!

PM me if you have ideas!

• namangargnamangarg Posts: 1
    edited August 14, 2022 11:26AM

I'm a noob when it comes to coin swapping, though I've bought coins on Coinbase and Binance since 2017. I created a Metamask wallet yesterday. I then sent ETH from Coinbase to Metamask. All went fine. I then connected Metamask to Avalanche to swap ETH - ZERO (Zero Exchange coin). That went through fine. I see the confirmed transaction on Etherscan. What I don't now see is the ZERO being held in Metamask. I tried manually adding the coin, I tried resetting Metamask. I've emailed Metamask customer support and am waiting to hear back. Any idea what have I done wrong? Could it be gone? What pitfalls are there with doing swaps that I should know? It's not a huge deal of money thankfully (though I'll be pissed if I've lost it), but I'm wanting to do this same process with a coin on Uniswap, and I'm worried I've done something wrong and am going to lose a larger sum next time. monday