Home Autographs Forum

Need help with Dodgers autographs...

Need help on Dodgers signatures - 4th down from the top and the one all the way at the bottom. Thank you!

Comments

• mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

Carmen Mauro is 4th down.

I can't see the bottom one well enough. A better image with a clear over the signature view would help a great deal.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Thanks for the help! Unfortunately I no longer have the ball in hand to take a better picture of the bottom signature. We recently sold the ball without being able to identify those two signatures and the current owner now is giving to a special friend as a gift. She would like to identify ALL of the signatures so she can present that info to her friend along with the ball.

• Do you know if all the signatures were from Brooklyn days? Do you know the date the ball was actually signed?

• Looks like mostly LA Dodgers (post 1957). Came from the collection of Dodgers pitcher Claude Osteen.

it is clearly a mixed ball, no specific team year as Mauro and Doug Rau and others were never even close to teammates. Could have been a old-timers, reunion or fantasy camp ball even. Several others I can see have large gaps between their Dodger days. Mickey Owen (40s) and Burt Hooton (70s-80s). Osteen and Larker may have crossed paths briefly, would have to look up the years each joined/left LA in the early 60s. I can also see Shotgun Shuba on one side panel, barely. He was 50s era. That is why seeing a better angle of that bottom signature would probably solve the riddle. it could be just about anyone. I am pretty good with Dodger sigs, but it is stumping me and unless I can see it better, will have to blame the angle.

If you can get the new owner to send a better pic, I am fairly certain I can scratch off the last name, or if I can't, someone else might.

• Any chance it could be a non-player? Front office exec, or something?

• Here are some better images

• canyoubelieveitcanyoubelieveit Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2021 9:46AM

Possibly Al Glossop? It's cramped if it is but there was limited space...

• No, definitely not Glossop but thanks

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could that last one be a shortened (due to space) Chuck Essegian?

Steve

Hate getting stumped by a Dodger sig, but not seeing it still. Sometimes it takes that frame of reference to guide your eyes/brain to the prize! It's not happening here for me.