Home Sports Talk

Is Julian Edelman leaving the Patriots?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Twitter is going nuts because Julian Edelman supposedly sent out a cryptic tweet. In the tweet he says, "Boston I love you", and "you've weighed on my and family's mind a long time."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/01/13/julian-edelmans-patriots-future-in-doubt-after-cryptic-tweet/amp/

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

He is and always will be one of my favorite all time Patriots. Tough as nails and fearless, 100% Patriot HOF’er and they should retire his number but without Brady and him being 34? I don’t even care if he goes and finds another team, in fact I hope he does find a better situation than the dumpster fire in New England to finish out his career. I wish him well

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have predicted in an earlier thread a week or two ago that Edelman had played his last game as a Patriot...AND, that next we see him he'll be in a Buccaneer uniform.
    BRADY - GRONK - EDELMAN putting the band back together!!

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    He is and always will be one of my favorite all time Patriots. Tough as nails and fearless, 100% Patriot HOF’er and they should retire his number but without Brady and him being 34? I don’t even care if he goes and finds another team, in fact I hope he does find a better situation than the dumpster fire in New England to finish out his career. I wish him well

Like Brady, I don't want to see him in another uniform, but he certainly deserves any ending he wants. What a legend. He made the catch plus so much more.

@MCMLVTopps said:
    I have predicted in an earlier thread a week or two ago that Edelman had played his last game as a Patriot...AND, that next we see him he'll be in a Buccaneer uniform.
    BRADY - GRONK - EDELMAN putting the band back together!!

That would be awesome to see those three guys together again, I’d really be a Bucs fan if that happens!

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you guys ever consider doing a team for team trade? I'm not sure if that's ever been done before, but just have the Patriots and Bucs trade teams...players, coaches, owners, etc...IE everything.

Yes it would be very one sided at this point in favor of Boston fans. But as compensation perhaps each resident of Tampa would receive say $100 for the inconvenience and perhaps a free season of all ya can eat hot dogs at the stadium during the games.

Then thankfully we would no longer have to read all the "woe is me" posts from Patriots fans that Brady left, Gronk left, Edelman is leaving, etc, etc, etc...and everyone could live happily ever after.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

If Brown causes trouble around the house, then Brady should ground him!

This is a great story about Edelman's first time really talking to Belichick. It tells you a lot about why Belichick has been so successful.

https://youtu.be/7pRKz0AFh74

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tough as nails is an apt description of Julian. How can he not be one of our favorites. He has literally sacrificed his body for this team. If he leaves I wish him well. Same with Tom and Gronk.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

@thisistheshow said:
    This is a great story about Edelman's first time really talking to Belichick. It tells you a lot about why Belichick has been so successful.

That was the most entertaining video I've seen in sometime. Wow. I'm in absolute shock. I didn't realize how things were with Belichick. He seems to strike fear into his players.

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

That was the most entertaining video I've seen in sometime. Wow. I'm in absolute shock. I didn't realize how things were with Belichick. He seems to strike fear into his players.

You have brought a lot of entertainment to me Double D, so I am glad that I could repay the favor...

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    Did you guys ever consider doing a team for team trade? I'm not sure if that's ever been done before, but just have the Patriots and Bucs trade teams...players, coaches, owners, etc...IE everything.

Yes it would be very one sided at this point in favor of Boston fans. But as compensation perhaps each resident of Tampa would receive say $100 for the inconvenience and perhaps a free season of all ya can eat hot dogs at the stadium during the games.

Then thankfully we would no longer have to read all the "woe is me" posts from Patriots fans that Brady left, Gronk left, Edelman is leaving, etc, etc, etc...and everyone could live happily ever after.

We could never out-woe your posts about the Eagles...compulsive obsessive nonsense. And, for what its worth, it isn't about "woe is me", its' just posting an observation...YOU are the woe master. If the posts really bother you, don't read them.

@doubledragon Maybe you should check out his youtube channel where you can do things like....

watch him and Danny Amendola skateboard through Mexico CIty
    https://youtu.be/KA_scP5veWg

or eat pizza with Guy Fieri
    https://youtu.be/76swW32W7hw

@MCMLVTopps said:

@stevek said:

We could never out-woe your posts about the Eagles...compulsive obsessive nonsense. And, for what its worth, it isn't about "woe is me", its' just posting an observation...YOU are the woe master. If the posts really bother you, don't read them.

I can't help but read them, because i'm a "compulsive obsessive" sports fan...whatever that means? ;)

@thisistheshow said:
    @doubledragon Maybe you should check out his youtube channel where you can do things like....

watch him and Danny Amendola skateboard through Mexico CIty
    https://youtu.be/KA_scP5veWg

or eat pizza with Guy Fieri
    https://youtu.be/76swW32W7hw

To be honest, I really enjoyed the scary Bill Belichick stories. The lights out, all alone at the facility at night, Bill popping up everywhere Julian turned. That was a NFL horror movie. Michael Myers is a joke, give me Bill Belichick!

If anything, I'd like to think he is retiring.

edited January 14, 2021 5:25PM

@MCMLVTopps said:

@stevek said:

I might be missing something, and @stevek please correct me if I'm wrong, but I read your comment as more tongue in cheek than really complaining. But of course , without proper emojis, it is sometimes hard to interpret intent online.

@thisistheshow said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

@stevek said:

I might be missing something, and @stevek please correct me if I'm wrong, but I read your comment as more tongue in cheek than really complaining. But of course , without proper emojis, it is sometimes hard to interpret intent online.

The only thing i wasn't kidding about was the free hot dogs proposal. ;)

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

@stevek said:

The only thing i wasn't kidding about was the free hot dogs proposal. ;)

Thank you for...clearing that up...😂

The chances of the Pats re tooling the WR corps via Hoodie and the draft are significantly at almost zero.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    The chances of the Pats re tooling the WR corps via Hoodie and the draft are significantly at almost zero.

that is an ugly graphic. i remember 2013 sticking out as particularly awful.

to be fair, Malcom Mitchell may have turned out to be a very good receiver had he been able to stay on the field. kind of a sad story there

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.