Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

COMC, taking money but not shipping, are they in trouble?

Requested shipping on 8/28, not shipped yet...Not answering emails...Other than Covid, which they should have adapted somewhat to by now, what is the problem?

Comments

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

WA state still has pretty severe COVID restrictions and I know COMC is pretty far behind, but that does seem outrageously long.

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

if you say your question and dates out loud, you may have your answer. ;)

now, whether that trouble is self-invoked is a different animal. knowing the backlog in shipping, the "black friday" sale that was promoted everywhere was certainly ironic. naturally they offered "free shipping" because, let's face it...they cant charge and then deliver by next christmas.

personally, they shouldnt have relied on the "covid" thing for so terribly long. now it's probably a legitimate reason. boy meet wolf.

• mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

Damn! I was pissed when I saw that my request of 12/5 would not be shipped for 3 months (approv 3/9). now you are saying that pore-Black Friday, you have been waiting 4+ months for a shipment?

These guys have turned into a joke. I am done buying from them, after being a customer with annual shipments for 10 years now!

I do live in the area as well. If there was ANY POSSIBLE WAY to pick up shipments, I would have done this a long time ago.

I hope they can rebound from this, but anyone wanting their cards and having to wait this long is not going to be a happy camper. On the flip side, win a COMC auction and I hear you have your item within a few days after payment. Talk about biting the hand...unless that is their plan to move to mostly auction business, as ebay seems to be seeing more and more BIN/BO activity.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

i pulled all my purchases months ago thank goodness. even shelled out the ridiculous fee to have them shipped w/i a month. i'd be very cautious purchasing, sending in inventory and/or cashing out. better to be safe than pissed.

• ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had them cancel my order and refund. It was from July 1 and never shipped out even though it moved it shipping status in Oct

Mike
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

BTW - I bought from a COMC ebay listing and it got shipped out quickly

Mike
  • professorpuckprofessorpuck Posts: 148 ✭✭✭

Cash-outs have been reasonably timely (under 1 week from request). I view that as a better indicator of financial health.

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2021 9:28PM

@LarkinCollector said:
    WA state still has pretty severe COVID restrictions and I know COMC is pretty far behind, but that does seem outrageously long.

WA state has limits on people in the office but nothing that would shut them down.

• picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

3 orders received past 6 months waited 4 months on each.
    I'm now done buying there until they can ship within say 2 weeks.
    What a joke..

• RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭

The key when you want to buy from COMC is to buy the cards from them through ebay. Yes it will cost about 10% more or so, but it will ship out quicker as ebay requires that all purchases are delivered within 30 days.

• CdnOsfanCdnOsfan Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

@RufussCkingston said:
    The key when you want to buy from COMC is to buy the cards from them through ebay. Yes it will cost about 10% more or so, but it will ship out quicker as ebay requires that all purchases are delivered within 30 days.

I buy a few cards on COMC that are in the $10 -$25 range but mostly accumulate cheaper cards to fill out sets and such to keep shipping costs down. Anything more expensive is mainly eBay,,,

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭

This was posted on the Net54 Board back in October:

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=287515&highlight=COMC

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭

I send them a lot of inventory and my sales continue to be strong. Since the pandemic hit I usually allow my purchases to build up to the point that I don't mind to pay for the Express Rushed flat rate. I don't believe they are in any type of financial troubles. I would imagine their move to eBay consignment auctions have caused their revenue to increase. Their check payouts have been sent within 7 business days and that is for maximum cash out checks (none have bounced yet :# )

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in WA and go to work everyday. We distance, wear a mask and have proper/reasonable protocols in place. COVID has nothing to do with shipping cards. This is BS. Obviously the place is completely mismanaged. I suggest everyone send all of your money and cards to them and complain later as to why you could possibly get ripped off. Folks, they are not shipping cards for 5 months...........

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

They cross list on eBay and now Amazon and prioritize those orders because they will get dinged on performance if they don’t get them out. So if you buy direct you are an afterthought.

Terrible business model.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

@rexvos said:
    They cross list on eBay and now Amazon and prioritize those orders because they will get dinged on performance if they don’t get them out. So if you buy direct you are an afterthought.

Terrible business model.

this is correct....the lag in shipping times is due to Ebay/Amazon prioritization, not Covid. With all the extra fees they're tacking on, I'm pretty sure they can hire more staff. Actually, they have been advertising that they were hiring for several months now..........maybe no one in Redmond, WA wants to work

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@billwaltonsbeard said:

@rexvos said:

Terrible business model.

this is correct....the lag in shipping times is due to Ebay/Amazon prioritization, not Covid. With all the extra fees they're tacking on, I'm pretty sure they can hire more staff. Actually, they have been advertising that they were hiring for several months now..........maybe no one in Redmond, WA wants to work

It is quite simple. If you want to branch out in these areas and grow your business you have to invest in infrastructure or you are going to eventually fail. I personally ship 20+ orders out a day while working from home. If I was traveling like normal I could not do it. Also I cannot branch out and have not listed on any other platforms due to I am already close to exceeding my limits of what I am able to do in a timely manner. They did a less than an acceptable job when they cross listed on eBay, the Amazon move made it a disaster

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 447 ✭✭✭

I placed an order on 10/5 that I received the end of Dec. I also placed an order in June , and when it did not ship in 3 1/2 months I sent then an email and they shipped it out in a week or so. I would email and ask them about it.

Matt

• mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

@billwaltonsbeard said:

@rexvos said:

Terrible business model.

Few could live in Redmond on minimum wage salaries. Maybe old apartments are somewhat cheap, but that is it. Microsoft is based in Redmond too.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.