Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1989 Upper Deck #701 Checklist error...and it's NOT "Odibbe"

Hey everyone...longtime lurker, just gathering info and enjoying the conversations...but i finally registered bc i have a question i can't get answered anywhere else. Anyone seen this error card with the MLBPA logo upside down?? The UER is based on "796 Odibbe McDowell" but i haven't seen anything referencing the MLBPA logo.

Thanks!

Comments

• saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

Haven't seen that before. Glad to see it.

Noticed that COMC had this variation noted on their site. Did not see anything in the Standard Catalog.

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Well at least someone else acknowledges it, so i guess there's a few out there. Thanks!

• junkwaxgemsjunkwaxgems Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2021 11:24PM

@i_am_jaymac said:
    Anyone seen this error card with the MLBPA logo upside down?? i haven't seen anything referencing the MLBPA logo.

Thanks!

![] ""

This error has been known to the E&V corner of the hobby since 1989. Definitely listed in the error guides since then too.

I’ve personally sold about 8-10 copies over the last 10-12 years now. The last one a few months back for $40 (a new low, I believe). There are other variations to card 701 too and they’re much scarcer.

Also, I believe another 1989 Checklist has a flipped logo or an issue with the logo(s) on back but isn’t as well documented as this variation and that info may be lost to time at this point.

fka jacksoncoupage, comc.com: junkwaxgems, ebay: junkwaxgems
  • Awesome...thank you for all that info!!