Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1955 Topps Hank Aaron Blowing Up!

Did anyone see these results for the 1955 Aaron card from PWCC last night? An off-centered 8 went for over 4K. A questionably "exceptional" 5 went for more than the price of a 6 and a 4.5 broke the $500 mark. I get this is a great card, I own a NM7 because I love it so much, but the inflation on the mid-grades especially has been crazy. I don't think we are in a vintage bubble, like the modern and ultra-modern cards, but some vintage cards are exhibiting bubble-like tendencies, notably the 1955 Aaron, all Jackie Robinson cards, to name a few. I really wonder whether these prices will be sustained post-COVID.

Comments

• They won’t but they won’t fall all the way back either.

• dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jackie Robinson sales are brisk with some high$$ numbers yes. Again, undervalued in my opinion

• MilehighHOFMilehighHOF Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

Looks like his 54 RC is bringing his 55 up with it. I left the hobby about 4-5 years ago and only kept one card...a 54 Aaron. Glad I kept it. Now that I am getting back into the hobby I wish I would have kept others ones I had as well.

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2021 1:57PM

good. sitting heavy on both. just waiting for the day the guys realize they'd rather have these than 10000000000 zion base 10s. good thing i can hold my breath for awhile, though.

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the 55's, beautiful cards with vibrant colors!

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2021 3:45PM

The centering on that 8 looks on par with the centering on my 7. I believe my 7 is fairly graded by the way.

• natetrooknatetrook Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Also think 1954 Topps is Waaaay undervalued.
    25K for an 8??
    Should be 6 figures.

• MilehighHOFMilehighHOF Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

@natetrook said:
    Also think 1954 Topps is Waaaay undervalued.
    25K for an 8??
    Should be 6 figures.

I agree. This week saw two Ebay auctions for PSA 7's go for $14,700 and $17,100. That should help push the 8s up.

• @brad31 said:
    The centering on that 8 looks on par with the centering on my 7. I believe my 7 is fairly graded by the way.

I think the centering on your NM 7 is better than the 8 referenced above!

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

i cant wait til they find out about the '58 hires root beer (w/ or w/o the tab) and the designing history about that set.

(i prefer w/o the tab)

• ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Remember also you are talking about PWCC.

• bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

You made me take another look at my '55 PSA 7 as well. :)

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:
    i cant wait til they find out about the '58 hires root beer (w/ or w/o the tab) and the designing history about that set.

(i prefer w/o the tab)

Love that story. Have always wondered if Bowman was going to shrink the size like on Hires or it would have been the nice large size like ‘55.