Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Update--Sold!!!!!!-51'Parkie Gordie Howe

Teri12357Teri12357 Posts: 28
edited March 21, 2021 5:23AM in PSA Set Registry Forum

Took a 4 year hiatus from collecting, but back in the game again. I've been a vintage collector since the early 70's. I just picked up this Gordie Howe in a London Auction along with the 32' Caramel George Washington. You won't believe what i got the Howe for. If i do the quick turnaround with PSA, which one do you think it would go under...the $200, the $500? And what grade to keep it straight with no O/C. I've seen 7's and 8's that were close to this.

Thanks,
Marc

Comments

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't send the George without matching up with a copy that u know is good. Trimmed?

Just send in the howe and request to qualifiers. SA will upcharge you if it is not enought.

nice cards !!!!!!!

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • I've submitted plenty of the Caramels in the past. It measured fine. I was more scared about the Howe's Measurement. I have a Washington in a 8 already in my own collection.

• Sent the Howe off today to Memory Lane for their upcoming auction. Going to have them submit to PSA this weekend. Hoping for a straight 6.5, if i'm lucky a gracious 7:))

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only opinion that counts is that of the grader at PSA...nobody here can give you a valid idea of what grades you may or may not get.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Teri12357 said:
    Sent the Howe off today to Memory Lane for their upcoming auction. Going to have them submit to PSA this weekend. Hoping for a straight 6.5, if i'm lucky a gracious 7:))

I would think a 6 is as high as you will get, I would end up with a 4 if I sent that in. :-(

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • After talking with Allan and Ian there, they are thinking 6 or 6.5 if i get lucky, provided no mysterious stuff PSA always seems to find. Been there, done that.

• Overall good news... Howe Came back a PSA 6. Centering definitely held it back.

• JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2021 3:17PM

Not too bad getting a 6. Congrats.

• ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Centering LR or TB? To me I've seen 7's centered like your card. It's worse than 75/25? Really? I'd have said corners would've prevented the 7.

"...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Also got hit hard on the grading fee as PWCC sold a 6 on eBay for $12k. Prior one was like $4900 ...6/2019.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds kind of like the guy who wins the lottery and complains about the taxes he has to pay. ;-)

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Update... 4 months later... Howe is finally up on Memory Lane's auction and the GW card at top the page, i sent to SGC as i like the black border on certain cards. It came back a 7.5 . Just sent a large order to PSA of 1961 baseball cards (my birth year) that "should"
    PSA 8 or better. I had several with alot of the white snow or printing dots on them that were just razor sharp but too many flaws to submit. I'm assuming that was a big issue on the 61's?

• 19591959 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

YES it is. they are tough on the snow as you might get 8 (pd)' but the still sell well.

• Wow... Memory Lane hit the 51' Gordie Howe PSA 6 out of the park! Final bid w/premium was $25k.

JoeBanzai was right!!
    Sounds kind of like the guy who wins the lottery and complains about the taxes he has to pay. ;-)

The grading fee doesn't feel as painful this morning;))

• ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Catching up on the thread---I KNEW the centering was 7 or better! Awesome result!!

"...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Teri12357 said:
    Wow... Memory Lane hit the 51' Gordie Howe PSA 6 out of the park! Final bid w/premium was $25k.

JoeBanzai was right!!

The grading fee doesn't feel as painful this morning;))

Congrats on the sale. Impressive indeed.