Home Sports Talk

Who's ready for some College Football??

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should be a barn-burner tonight, lots of scoring, lots of action. Strap into your couch by 8PM and enjoy the ride!! B)

Al H.

Comments

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

My hatred of Bama has me pulling for OSU and ex Dawg Fields to give them a beat down.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2021 5:53PM

Damn after this weekend I forgot this game was even on. Yah! Monday Night Football after all

Normally I would wish a meteor would strike both of these teams down in the first quarter but Im getting soft as I age

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

INTENSE is how I feel right now.... :# Two great teams about to put on a show.

Coach Saban in a previous life..... B)

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I totally forgot about it also. Thank you for reminding me, now I have an excuse to get toasted!

edited January 11, 2021 6:10PM

Line went to from Alabama-7.5 to Alabama -9. A few OSU players out with Covid. Sure didn't effect the Browns last night

Crap no sound for me. No way I can listen to Buckeye Herbie for four hours. I like him in non OSU games

Dayum Herbstreit ate his way through the pandemic. He got so fat

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good game so far. 7-7

edited January 11, 2021 7:16PM

I have a jersey contest pick thing going with a bunch of folks with our charity/auction drive buddy, 42-31 OSU...I need the D to show up on both sides for the under.

No squares this year otherwise I’d have some numbers to chase too....go Buckeyes!

And I recommend this. New local brewery from atl, store by me just got some of their brews, good stuff!

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

well, that was an exciting first quarter. now that the game's over I can go to bed early. wait a minute, it's just the end of the half!! B)

congratulations, Alabama.

Will Bama hang 70 on them ?
    They’re half way there.

58 Barmore

Are you kidding me?

Beast

m

edited January 11, 2021 9:52PM

Congrats Bullsitter! Well earned

To my Buckeye friends tough game but a very good team you brought here

m

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

Once Sermon went out their chances were slim.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

OSU was good, hard hitting bunch, nothing to hang their heads about.

Real happy for Coach Saban, he beat Coach Bryant's record.

This is my favorite team ever....ROLL TIDE !!

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

College football at the highest level.

However the same 6 or 7 teams being the only ones who have played in the 4 team playoff for the title year after year gets very monotonous.

When do you think the CFP will expand to 8 teams? An 8 team playoff field would inject some new teams into the title chase.

@SanctionII said:

However the same 6 or 7 teams being the only ones who have played in the 4 team playoff for the title year after year gets very monotonous.

When do you think the CFP will expand to 8 teams? An 8 team playoff field would inject some new teams into the title chase.

Only to be clubbed like a baby seal unfortunately

m

@SanctionII said:

I’ve always felt the college football regular season is a playoff. One loss and you’re out. Each weekend is a nail biter.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we have a different team in the mix next year besides Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State?

that was a beat down.

@perkdog said:
    Can we have a different team in the mix next year besides Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State?

Coming from a Pats fan 😊

edited January 12, 2021 5:59AM

:p

everyone hates a Dynasty unless it's the Team they root for, then they love it.

edited January 12, 2021 7:11AM

The only thing that could have been better this year was if Georgia could have beat Florida.
    That would have put them in the SEC Championship game and we would have beat them twice in one season.

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭

Dang that was a beating. I thought Ohio State would look better than that.

@larryallen73 said:
    Dang that was a beating. I thought Ohio State would look better than that.

Bama beat tOSU by 28.
    Bama beat Notre Dame by 17.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember the top rusher for OSU was out of the game after the first play. If he was not injured and the replay officials would have missed a couple calls the Buckeyes would only have lost by 14 or so.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

@Brick said:
    Remember the top rusher for OSU was out of the game after the first play. If he was not injured and the replay officials would have missed a couple calls the Buckeyes would only have lost by 14 or so.

The heismann trophy winner didn’t play the second half, or Bama may have scored 70.

@Goldenage said:

@Brick said:

The heismann trophy winner didn’t play the second half, or Bama may have scored 70.

You don't know Brick. He was being facetious. Unless Sermon played CB and could cover Smith it wouldn't have mattered

m

Sign of the times. Least watched Title Game since 2004

m

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Brick said:

Half of OSU's defensive line were unable to play due to covid. BIG TEN had very strict covid rules.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

@coolstanley said:

Half of OSU's defensive line were unable to play due to covid. BIG TEN had very strict covid rules.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

I forgot about the Covid problem. If we were full strength they would have won by only 10.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

Alabama exploited to good effect the weakest link in the Ohio State defense, their DB's. it was no secret it was going to happen and the only remedy was for the Buckeyes to score and keep the game close. they were successful for about 20 minutes. all things considered and taken into account it would have been a hard game for OSU to win in under the best of circumstances.

no excuses, the best Team won and rather easily. it will be interesting to see where each Team is next year, but even more interesting to see how the Teams affect the Draft and the NFL in the coming years. there will be some great playmakers and lineman being picked just from these two Teams.