Home Sports Talk
Options

2018 Quarterback draft class

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 11, 2021 12:08PM in Sports Talk

Looking at them now, if you had to draft a quarterback from the 2018 class, who do you take from these?

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Allen #1, Baker #2, Lamar Jax #3, Darnold #4

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

1A Lamar
    1B Allen

5 Baker

19 Darnold

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

You know who I’d draft but look at the QB age of the 8 teams left.
    AFC
    Allen 24
    Jackson 24
    Mayfield 25
    Mahomes 25

NFC
    Brady 43
    Brees 41
    Rodgers 37
    Goff 26

Next year the league moves to a 17 game schedule. With 1 preseason games and a playoff game that’s 19 games for a QB.
    Youth will play a factor more and more in the NFL for durability and stamina. Only Brady and Rogers played all 16 games for QB’s on the NFC side.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would take Allen first, and Darnold last, but I can't decide who I would take 2nd. It would either be Mayfield or Lamar, that much I can tell you!

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    You know who I’d draft but look at the QB age of the 8 teams left.
    AFC
    Allen 24
    Jackson 24
    Mayfield 25
    Mahomes 25

This would seem to bode well for the future of the AFC.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

This would seem to bode well for the future of the AFC.

I think it already is.

one thing this highlights to me is the way that College football has changed to a pro-style passing game. QB's are now expected to be able to make the transition immediately.

• Options

Josh Allen
    Baker Mayfield
    Lamar Jackson
    Sam Darnold

• Options
    edited January 18, 2021 5:46AM

interesting to this discussion is that two of the starting AFC QB's were unable to finish their games. Jackson is out because his Team lost, Mahomes will most likely play but he really had his bell rung. one thing is certain in the NFL, when you have a shot at the Super Bowl it has to be an "everything you have" effort. there's no guarantee you'll have a chance again.

as fans, we always assume our Team will be back........................not so. the Seahawks with Wilson had their shot and are now struggling to get back and win a game. the Ravens and Jackson need to make some changes to enhance their Offense or they'll probably suffer the same fate. I said earlier in the season in another thread that the Kansas City Chiefs were one play away from being a .500 Team --- yesterday that one play almost eliminated them from this year's Super Bowl hunt. in the same game Baker Mayfield and Cleveland had their first shot in a generation and fell short. will they have another shot??? maybe, maybe not.

now the chance hangs in the balance for Josh Allen.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that the Browns are out I would like to see the Bills win it all and make up for those years of frustration. My apologies to Bills fans. My teams seldom win.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

Let’s have this discussion of the 5 QB’s drafted in the 1st round of the 2018 draft.
    Contract time. Your the GM. Go!

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

1st pick Baker Mayfield
    4 years $30M a year?
    2nd pick Sam Darnold
    Keep him on his rookie contract one more year.
    3rd pick Josh Allen
    10 years $400k
    4th pick Josh Rosen
    Nothing
    5th pick Lamar Jackson
    Tricky huh? Keep him one more year on his rookie contract or sign him??
    I say one more year

Put your GM hats on and what do you do with these 5. Ok 4.

W.C.Fields