Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

I am liking the camera on the new IPhone 12 pro

bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the 12 pro max and man is it amazing.

Philip I (244 - 249 A.D.)
    AR Antoninianus
    O: IMP PHILIPPVS AVG, laureate, draped, and cuirassed bust right, from behind.
    R: NOBILITAS AVGG, Nobilitas standing facing, head right, long scepter vertical in right hand, globe in left hand, ς (6th officina) left.
    4.34g
    25mm
    Rome Mint
    RSC IV 98, Hunter III 41, SRCV III 8938, RIC IV 8 corr. (officina mark)

• SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2021 3:38PM

@bronzemat said:
    I have the 12 pro max and man is it amazing.

Philip I (244 - 249 A.D.)
    AR Antoninianus
    O: IMP PHILIPPVS AVG, laureate, draped, and cuirassed bust right, from behind.
    R: NOBILITAS AVGG, Nobilitas standing facing, head right, long scepter vertical in right hand, globe in left hand, ς (6th officina) left.
    4.34g
    25mm
    Rome Mint
    RSC IV 98, Hunter III 41, SRCV III 8938, RIC IV 8 corr. (officina mark)

Wow, that's a superb picture!

Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoKopeiki said:
    We're finally going to start seeing decent photos from @bidask ! I didn't think I'd live to see the day

:);)

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• TunisTunis Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭

Coins this nice could be pictured with a Polaroid, and still look amazing!!!

Successful buys on BST board from NotSure, Nankraut, Yorkshireman, Astrorat, Ikeigwin(2x), Bob13, Outhaul, coinbuf, dpvilla, jayPem, Sean1990, TwoKopeiki, bidask, Downtown1974, drddm, nederveit2

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoKopeiki said:
    We're finally going to start seeing decent photos from @bidask ! I didn't think I'd live to see the day :p

Emerging from the dark ages

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice.

• StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    This from the 11 with clip on macro lens. First shot out of the box. Can't wait to fool around with it

m

Now, if they get a clip on lens with focus stacking that would be something! Not that I know how to do it on my current rig, but I'm thinking once that goes kaput (or the software no longer gets updated, or my next laptop doesn't have a USB port...) my next phone will be my next coin camera. That is fantastic!

What clip on macro did you use? Last time I tried one (years ago) it sucked rocks.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2021 1:04PM

Less then $50. Comes with a wide angle lens as well and clip on LED light. Amazon. Easy peezy. That was my first shot as mentioned using a coffee cup to steady the shot. Now I have the octopus tripod for $19.99 from the same company. It can wrap around anything

HNY Stork!

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2021 2:26AM

Seems to really capture depth really well. Almost 3D-Like

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2021 9:38AM

iPhone 6S from 2016 :D
    (shot through a loupe)

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

You guys are so cool...I'll get there some day...soon.
    When a photo of that beauty was given to me on press, I really was proud to do the run and it showed.
    You could say I went through all the phases ending as digital in reproduction.

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just took this photo with my iPhone 8. Took a few tries but finally got a good picture.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics