Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

YOUR personal photos of Moonlight Mint coins

braddickbraddick Posts: 23,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many of the pictures featuring Daniel Carr's creations are of a more professional nature. That's all well and good. My favorite shots are from those collectors who forsake the online professional photos and shoot their own. The coins/metals appear more realistic, so to speak. At least for me.

Here is my "1965" Peace dollar. I enjoy the full strike hair details of this.

I would enjoy your own photos of any you may own from the Moonlight Mint (or the Gallery Mint, for that matter!).

peacockcoins

Comments

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang, I wish I could take photos like you guys! Geez. I am going to work on my lighting.

peacockcoins

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the things hemakes

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:
    Many of the pictures featuring Daniel Carr's creations are of a more professional nature. That's all well and good. My favorite shots are from those collectors who forsake the online professional photos and shoot their own. The coins/metals appear more realistic, so to speak. At least for me.

I do not have any but enjoy seeing the above pics :)
    boston

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:

@braddick said:

boston

You don't have any Dan Carr pieces or you don't have any unprofessional photos of your Dan Carr pieces?

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinlearner said:

🤯🤯🤯

whoa— love these

can you share the background on them?

would love to see more of these issues

• Options

will def be sharing pics of the 2021 o/s when it shows up 😎😎😎

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

@1630Boston said:

@braddick said:

boston

You don't have any Dan Carr pieces or you don't have any unprofessional photos of your Dan Carr pieces?

I should have been more specific.
    I have neither
    boston

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭

"can you share the background on them?" Can research all past issues on Dan's site. http://www.dc-coin.com/2001apolloastronautlargebronzemodelproof-1-2-2-1-2-1-2.aspx

• Options
    MarkInDavisMarkInDavis Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭✭

If the U.S. Mint made Peace dollars as nice as Dan Carr, they would be one of the most collected series. Yeah, I know he didn't have to produce them in bulk, but I wish the mint had done a nicer job with them.

image Respectfully, Mark
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2021 10:11PM

@Coinlearner said:
    "can you share the background on them?" Can research all past issues on Dan's site. http://www.dc-coin.com/2001apolloastronautlargebronzemodelproof-1-2-2-1-2-1-2.aspx

thx

man, those gruber bullion issues are so nice 🤩

• Options

@ikeigwin wow - your photo setup looks 🔥

• Options
    Will1960Will1960 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

@Weiss said:

Nice,
    That's one of the first D. Carr overstrikes that I purchased.

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just have this example:

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZoidMeister said:
    His latest that have actually been delivered . . . . . .

Z

That's a cool optical illusion!

• Options

@clarke442 said:
    The only one that I have a personal photo of

I needs to get me one of THOSE . . . . !

Z

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options

@clarke442 said:
    The only one that I have a personal photo of

• Options

Here's one you don't see everyday . . . . . .

Clashed and Cancelled Die 1964-D Morgan (proof-like)

Z

• Options

Or perhaps a . . . . . .

Circulated 2011 KOTCT Brass Medal

Z

• Options

More that aren't seen in the wild too often (the big one that is) . . . . . .

• Options

Pretty ones, some starting to tone . . . . . . .

• Options

And then there's these . . . . . .

Now you know the reason for my "signature line" . . . . . .

Z

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a couple D. Carr pieces, but I leave the imaging to those who can.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    AttumraAttumra Posts: 182 ✭✭✭

Wow all those peace dollars are amazing to look at really good pics here. Ty My heart is racing looking at them. I really don't know much about his art but the ae cool to see. I wonder if there is a 1967 peace dollar hes did? Great thread !

• Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭

I want one of those 1922 Mercury dimes!!!

Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file