Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

DELETE

PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 22, 2022 5:08PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Collecting interests: Mexico & Peru early milled 1 reales + 1796-1891 US dimes

Sports: NHL & NFL

Thank you Lord for another beautiful day!!!

Comments

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

you are lucky it is coming...
    mine is "onthe road?air? ship/ turtle" since nov 22

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2022 5:08PM

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2021 12:07PM

Canadapost has been running pretty slow. I had a package clear customs in Mississauga and only get delivered to me 4 days later (approx. 100km away). I've never seen the "Delivered to Postal Agent" status. I would assume it's indicating that there's a customs import fee associated with the package and it was given to CanadaPost as customs broker / agent to get the payment of fees done prior to delivery.Check both USPS and CanadaPost pages with the same tracking number. Sometimes one gives a different level of granularity than the other.

just today, mine arrived at Montreal and the estimated delivery by Canada post is from 1-21 days from now....
    it was shipped express from Germany. Shipping Cost was 68.75 EURO!!!
    It was all declared properly and has now cleared customs at YUL within 12 hours of arrival there.
    well, here is what it is:
    all dollars 1948 MS grade, 1947 PT 7 dot in MS grade, 1945 in MS grade plus multiple 38's and 47's, plus an unknown 1893 25 ct AV. Plus 50 cents 1947 ML-CR in about XF.
    Canada Post, you are loooooosing my business as you are using Covid and short staffing as an excuse!!!!!!!!!
    at least with FEDEX one knows where it is and, it gets delivered to the house and I do not have to drive 12 KM to the PO to pick it up. Worth every penny of it.

edited April 22, 2022 5:09PM

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

The USPS is running even slower.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

have 2 packages from UK languishing in Chicago since december, and my czech coins have fallen off radar after entering us in early December- czech mint said "wait 2 months" .... 😑

" Yeah, I knew better this time of year I usually use UPS or FedEx nothing else. "

CanPost knew that x-mas was coming and that Covid is reality. They did nothing to even closely prepare, except sending out countless notes and emails warning about the rush coming up and being anticipated and padding themselves on the back.
    In private business, they would be in Chapter 11 with no chance of coming out of it.

• tcollectstcollects Posts: 783 ✭✭✭✭

@KingOfMorganDollar said:
    No movement yet. Never had issues when paying for USPS express mail from the USA to Canada.

we expect hourly updates about its progress through the Canadian mail system, and ideally, you could post all your private messages with the other party to the transaction, so we have a current understanding of what's going on