Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Hello, 2021. Time for a monthly contest!

Comments

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, they ban you for offering your political views there, after OKing their discussion, as they did with me.

I'd like to participate, so who don't you open up the contest to members here, too? I sponsored a few contests there myself.

Perhaps I'll start a monthly contest here, too.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another member was recently banned. EarlySmallSizeFanatic was banned over hate speech.

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

EarlySmallSizeFanatic is among the leading experts in the hot new small size field. And I'm a leading expert in obsoletes. Hate speech? I thought that Paper Money Forum was all about no censorship, free speech, calling out the crooks, etc. Ironically, they are the cancel culture that they complain about. I hope that ESSF ends up here, too.

Nobody there actually had the courage to tell me that I was banned or why. I followed their rules. I (and our President Elect) was compared to a child molester by another member. I never did anything like that to other members, or our President. He wasn't banned. I dared to criticize our President's response to the coronavirus in an off topic category, where this topic was permitted. The mods didn't agree and banned me.

That's why I'm here and ready to contribute. This board is back under Collectors Universe control (used to be under Jason Bradford's control) and I'm now happy to be back here again.

The promise of a paper money discussion group that allows the truth and doesn't censor members is a nice dream but doesn't exist in the Paper Money Forum. Rules are necessary and I feel protected here from being associated with child molestation because I'm critical of our President. I'm disgusted that the other forum allowed that without any recourse.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
This discussion has been closed.