Home Q & A Forum
Options

UNC. War nickel set suggestions

Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got a late holiday gift from someone I helped this past year. No box but a Littleton product slip of paper "Silver Nickels that helped win the war" dated 2006. Plastic holder is pristine so I was able to focus thru for pics. Coins do look UNC. and possibly mint state, like fresh out of bags or rolls when these holders were created. Definitely the nicest war nickels I have. Question is, do I leave them in this somewhat large holder, move them into Lighthouse self slabs, airtites or what. The Littleton msrp is $395. which seems high but I know that. Thoughts? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

Comments

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be inclined to leave them in the holder they are in, it makes a nice display and to would seem they are stable in that holder. ;)

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin thanks for that, they do seem to be in a good place. No doubling, errors, clash, or anything else remarkable but also no spotting, hairs, detritus and a couple are displaying the slightest golden toning. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

Littleton is generally outrageously overpriced, but the quality is usually excellent.

I agree with the above - it is a nice presentation and seems to be a quality case so I'd leave it as is.

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭✭

I'd also vote for keeping as-is. They're stunning!!

• Options
    Bruce7789Bruce7789 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭

Roy, unless the rest of the set is BU, like the set I'm putting together, leave them in the holder. They'll just pull down the other coins and make them look shoddy. However if you happen to have a 1942 D in BU extra, I'm looking for one! See my post on BST today!

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW - nice holder and really beautiful looking War nickels. It would look great displayed on your favorite wall. B)

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Littleton is always overpriced. It's a nice collection/presentation - leave it as such. Unless you have some full steppers in there you aren't getting anywhere near a 395$ value - Last BU set of war nicks I bought recently was around $100

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"