Home Sports Talk

2021 MLB Season likely to be delayed AGAIN!

ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you all feel about another abbreviated MLB season? I've read a few articles now how owners want to make sure players are all vaccinated before the season can begin..... but really they want leverage to make sure fans can pay to visit the ball parks before losing more money..... In essence, it comes down to another shortened season and it likely begins affecting some prime career years of once young players.....

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn’t watch a single game last year. If the season is shortened for whatever reason and it can come full circle by late Spring or early Summer and get people to be able to go to game and enjoy it then so be it. I don’t care if the owners go bankrupt I just feel bad for the true fans and kids that want to go see a game.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

where are the cricket emoji's?

• ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

MLb is going thru a rough stretch when you cant get a hill of interest on a sports blog....

• ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do I collect baseball cards again?

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ScoobyDoo2 said:

I hear pokemon cards are hot :#

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ScoobyDoo2 said:

I wouldn't let this mess have any impact on your collecting. Covid has turned our world crazy. Whether the policies are right or wrong in MLB or elsewhere, until we come out on the other side of this, things will continue to be chaotic.

If it bothers you so much, just don't watch.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 94-95 labor stoppage cost the crime dog HOF status. This will cost Kershaw and scherzer any super small chance they had at 300 wins. Verlander already lost his chance due to Tommy john

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:

@ScoobyDoo2 said:

I wouldn't let this mess have any impact on your collecting. Covid has turned our world crazy. Whether the policies are right or wrong in MLB or elsewhere, until we come out on the other side of this, things will continue to be chaotic.

If it bothers you so much, just don't watch.

Agreed. My collection has never been influenced by Sports in general. My favorite card is the 1952 Bowman Large Gifford and he played for the Giants, the one team I absolutely Hate

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    The 94-95 labor stoppage cost the crime dog HOF status. This will cost Kershaw and scherzer any super small chance they had at 300 wins. Verlander already lost his chance due to Tommy john

Thank Tom (I'm in the HOF and you're not) Glavine for that fiasco.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

true. he was the top player rep during that time.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hearing the news that the Indians are changing their name, I hope it all folds permanently.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

I initially thought all of this wouldn't affect my card collecting.

Well it has a little bit. However even if MLB folded tomorrow, I would still collect baseball cards...for memories if nothing else.