Home Sports Talk

Fresh hot Dimeman Cowboys and all sports takes

thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 12, 2021 12:48PM in Sports Talk

I was, as they say, ATS (meaning on the NGC forum). I am not there often, but I saw a familiar name and messaged him back and forth a couple times.

Asked about his Cowboys. He said...

All I can say about the Cowboys is they stink. I was so glad to get rid of Garrett, but have never been a fan of McCarthy.We will never be back in the running with the Jones family as owners!

I told him we missed him over here.

I asked him how he felt about Dak, specifically should the Boys franchise him again? (which was their intent before the injury and I think still is). His response.....

I haven't watched any Football this year because of the kneeling thing. I don't know what I think on Dak. This could be career ending. Or he could recover fine. Like I said before the Cowboys are doomed until the Jones family is gone.

I asked if he had a message to relay, and he said....

Tell everyone I said HI and that I miss them. Tell Steve I miss the smack talk we use to have.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good OLE’ DIME!

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

i remember why dime was booted and it was warranted

but i also see that he had been on here for almost 20 years and had north of 22k posts. in the grand scheme, way, way more positive than negative he brought to the table

just one man's opinion, but the word amnesty comes to mind

@galaxy27 said:
    i remember why dime was booted and it was warranted

but i also see that he had been on here for almost 20 years and had north of 22k posts. in the grand scheme, way, way more positive than negative he brought to the table

just one man's opinion, but the word amnesty comes to mind

Agreed but I think he was given more chances than anyone I can remember

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Miss him? Absolutely. But unfortunately he is just one in a long line that begged to be gone. It’s simple, get warned or be gone.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@perkdog said:

maybe my memory is clouded by all of the caps and exclamation marks

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

maybe my memory is clouded by all of the caps and exclamation marks

And the few temporary Red Boxes too maybe? 😂

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually don't know why he was banned.

But he was a great contributor, imo. I actually learned many things from him on the US coin forum and really enjoyed his stuff there. And here I thought he added a good dynamic. Passionate . 😃

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss dimemans banter too.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss him and stevek fighting over the Eagles and the Cowboys.

DIMEMAN: "The Cowboys are going to beat the Eaglets!

stevek: "The Eagles are going to kick the Cowgirls butts!

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gone but not forgotten.

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

he was actually banned for comments he made at the US Coin Forum, and deservedly so. if he was a boxer I would say he has a glass jaw and leads with his chin!! :p

@keets said:

he was actually banned for comments he made at the US Coin Forum, and deservedly so. if he was a boxer I would say he has a glass jaw and leads with his chin!! :p

Did he say something offensive or inappropriate? I feel as though I just missed it when it happened.

I am never on the coin side so I missed the whole thing as well. the curious side of me would like to know though

edited December 21, 2020 6:36PM

The Coin Forum gets hot and heavy over there. I posted a Silver 50 cent piece I had bought and it got about 30 replies and 40+ “Likes” in about 20 minutes lol. It’s a lively bunch especially when they get into it, these guys are smart and destroy each other when they fight lol They sniff out imposters like it’s nobody’s business too. This dude “SilverBaron” used to post STACKS of Silver bars like hundreds of bars stating “adding to the pile” and guys worshiped him but eventually he was exposed lol it was pretty funny

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I miss him and stevek fighting over the Eagles and the Cowboys.

DIMEMAN: "The Cowboys are going to beat the Eaglets!

stevek: "The Eagles are going to kick the Cowgirls butts!

I didn't think anyone was taping this when i took my shirt off.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

I debated with Jon on several occasions. He is one of the few who would actually check the facts and admit it if he was wrong.

Not sure what he said to get bammed, but I imagine it was a HEAVY shot. He was/is a passionate person.

He is missed.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

He is one of the few who would actually check the facts and admit it if he was wrong.

WOW!!! B)

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    He is one of the few who would actually check the facts and admit it if he was wrong.

WOW!!! B)

To elaborate, he claimed his Cowboys beat up on my Vikings back in the day. I said I remembered it as a pretty close rivalry. He went and looked up the records and they pretty much split for quite a while, and he acknowledged that.

He didn't even feel he had to mention the fact that the Cowboys won the SB and the Vikes never did.

A fact that I am painfully aware of ;-)

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

He didn't even feel he had to mention the fact that the Cowboys won the SB and the Vikes never did.

A fact that I am painfully aware of ;-)

You have company in this club. 🙁

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Jon has an eye for coins I’ll never possess. Every time he posted a new pick up it was the nicest coin I had ever seen.
    We have a wonderful opportunity to mingle and chat with like minded collectors and sports enthusiasts. If it wasn’t for forums like this who are you talking to about cards, coins or sports ? Your wife? Your 7 year old child?

I’m 1000 miles away from my birth town. My choice and I’ll never regret it but it’s hard to chat over the fence with your like minded neighbors about the Bills. I got you guys and I’m happy to be here and I try darn hard not to ruin it albeit I’ve had my wrist slapped twice and a finger waggle once.
    Welcome to the world of community.

W.C.Fields

CU has always had a great forum, one of the best hobby forums on the internet in my opinion.

Most forums when they ban a member, usually delete not only their name, but their posts as well. CU normally doesn't do that. So if anyone is curious as to why a member was banned, all they have to do is click on the name, go into their profile where their past posts are located, and read their last posts. Then it's probably not that hard to figure out why they were banned.

If it's not obvious there, i would imagine it was something done in private messages or whatever. I would have to believe that if you were an exemplary member in the public messages, but kept spamming to others in private messages the "fantastic" land deals in desert Arizona that you were offering for once in a lifetime prices, it would get you banned. LOL

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:

The US coin forum is by far the stupidest forum which is unfortunate as I do collect. Look at that foolishness last week with snowflakes wanting to pay extra for coins over paypal as some sort of virtue signalling :D

edited December 22, 2020 9:11AM

@keets said:

He is one of the few who would actually check the facts

facts, yes

names, not so much

we all know about drew breeze, but another personal fav was micheal erving

i think i need to make a batch of strawberry daiquiris in dime's honor

edit: he even botched daiquiris at times. it's like he had dak prescott on his mind so much that he had a spelling convulsion

"dimewoman and i are going to get loaded off of some strawberry dakeries tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)B)B)"

@bronco2078 said:

@keets said:

The US coin forum is by far the stupidest forum which is unfortunate as I do collect. Look at that foolishness last week with snowflakes wanting to pay extra for coins over paypal as some sort of virtue signalling :D

I’m in the middle of discussing the merits of a P01 1964 Kennedy half for $330 and there are defenders.

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said:

@bronco2078 said:

@keets said:

I’m in the middle of discussing the merits of a P01 1964 Kennedy half for $330 and there are defenders.

That lowball coin collecting and the values involved is some wild and wacky chit.

I don't quite understand it, but then again i don't understand the theory of relativity either. 🤔

edited December 22, 2020 10:14AM

@2dueces said:

@bronco2078 said:

@keets said:

I'd say it's worth $330 if the price of silver ever got to around $900 an ounce. LOL

In a bizarro world, Dimeman becomes a lowball coin collector. ;)

edited December 22, 2020 3:38PM

So if anyone is curious as to why a member was banned, all they have to do is click on the name, go into their profile where their past posts are located, and read their last posts. Then it's probably not that hard to figure out why they were banned.

If it's not obvious there, i would imagine it was something done in private messages or whatever.

to the threads, that's not always possible because the Mod's often delete the entire thread. that means if you weren't involved or read it, you would never know. I happened to read the thread, it got pretty bad and I believe it has been deleted.

to PM's, to the best of my knowledge those are really "Private" and PCGS honors that. they actually protect it and it's viewed to be in very bad taste, and possibly bann-able, to divulge PM's on the forum.

a Moderator could give better answers, the above is what my time here has taught me.

wtf is a dakerie ? Asking for a friend :#

@keets said:
    **So if anyone is curious as to why a member was banned, all they have to do is click on the name, go into their profile where their past posts are located, and read their last posts. Then it's probably not that hard to figure out why they were banned.

If it's not obvious there, i would imagine it was something done in private messages or whatever**.

to the threads, that's not always possible because the Mod's often delete the entire thread. that means if you weren't involved or read it, you would never know. I happened to read the thread, it got pretty bad and I believe it has been deleted.

to PM's, to the best of my knowledge those are really "Private" and PCGS honors that. they actually protect it and it's viewed to be in very bad taste, and possibly bann-able, to divulge PM's on the forum.

a Moderator could give better answers, the above is what my time here has taught me.

I would venture a guess that the PM's are private only when the moderators have no interest in looking at them. But for an example like i previously gave about a land salesman, if one or more members complained about it, without question that member would get quickly banned.

Over the years, I've looked at the last posts of maybe four or five members who were banned, Jon was one of them, and it wasn't hard to figure out why it happened. Political chit and risque girly pics, are two certainties I know of to get banned on this forum.

Solicitation spam of off topic material to a forum, will usually get ya banned on any forum out there, as well it should be.

I like to visit you guys everyday and talk about sports. I can't talk to my wife about sports, all she watches are those ridiculous romance shows and singing shows. No, I don't know what Victor is up to on "The Young and the Restless", and I don't care!

@doubledragon said:
    I like to visit you guys everyday and talk about sports. I can't talk to my wife about sports, all she watches are those ridiculous romance shows and singing shows. No, I don't know what Victor is up to on "The Young and the Restless", and I don't care!

My girl loves watching Cooking shows 🙄

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

My wife watches only movies on premium channels, no commercials. She hasn’t seen a news show or anything else in years. The only time the living room TV is on anything but movies is when she watches the Bills with me. Any other football I’m banished to the den.

W.C.Fields

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

I might try to get my wife to start watching cooking shows, she doesn't feed me anything decent. I can't count how many times I've had to eat them TV dinners. I'm always hungry. She doesn't care!

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

I might try to get my wife to start watching cooking shows, she doesn't feed me anything decent. I can't count how many times I've had to eat them TV dinners. I'm always hungry. She doesn't care!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

@doubledragon said:

tune in to the h and i channel on saturday night and watch victor on rat patrol then

for my wife its those foolish hallmark christmas romance movies. they are all the same. I hate them.

I cry every time...

@craig44 said:
    for my wife its those foolish hallmark christmas romance movies. they are all the same. I hate them.

I cry every time...

I’ve become more emotional recently even more so than my wife. I’ve gotta hide behind my glasses as I swell up too often watching movies. The grumpy old man has a soft spot I guess

W.C.Fields

We've really got to toughen up this forum.

😉

@stevek said:
    We've really got to toughen up this forum.

😉

😂😂😂

W.C.Fields

I should have checked in ATS earlier. I logged in yesterday and got a message from Dimeman from a couple week sago. He wanted to tell Steve that, should the Cowboys beat the Giants, he would be doing something he had never done before......rooting for the Eagles. But, as we know, it was not to be. Sorry Dimeman for being late on the relay!

Also, as for the Bill vs Tom question..... Dimeman says "The Bucs are in the playoffs, and the Pats stunk up the field"

On the Lakers and LeBron winning the title "there should be an asterisk because of the short season"

@keets Dimeman "loved the beating that (your)Browns gave the Steelers"

And on the Eagles throwing the game Dimeman says "I am with @Stevek....WHO CARES! If the Giants wanted in the playoffs....thy should have won another game! LOL"

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

This belongs in all threads Cowboys related

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

I was just speaking on the phone to a business associate from Dallas who i've known for a long time. We've had a smack talk NFL rivalry for many years. Always in good fun.

I didn't google it, but i think it may have been a good number of years ago, when both the Cowboys or Eagles weren't in the playoffs. Certainly it's a rarity we both agreed.

I forget exactly what he said, that the Cowboys just signed a new defensive coordinator or something, so he was happy about that.

@thisistheshow said:
    I should have checked in ATS earlier. I logged in yesterday and got a message from Dimeman from a couple week sago. He wanted to tell Steve that, should the Cowboys beat the Giants, he would be doing something he had never done before......rooting for the Eagles. But, as we know, it was not to be. Sorry Dimeman for being late on the relay!

I think Dimeman should retire from being a Cowboys fan, and also from coin collecting.

And it just so happens, for old times sake, i'd pay him 90 cents on the dollar for his coin collection, even though it's not worth very much.

;)