Home Autographs Forum

Mickey Mantle Signed Ball

BigSarge81BigSarge81 Posts: 5
edited December 11, 2020 10:51AM in Autographs Forum

I am looking at a signed Mickey Mantle ball. The guy says he has had it for a while and it personally signed in 1989 at a convention. Comes with Spence certificate of authenticity. What do these typically go for and how can I tell its real?

Comments

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you know the COA belongs with that particular ball? Is a Spence COA considered acceptable in the marketplace? I'm asking because I don't know the answers but would like to. Photos?

All glory is fleeting.
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

What 291 fifth said.

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭

Spence COA's are acceptable in the industry...Should have a sticker on the ball with an ID # that can be verified through their site.....

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • JBKJBK Posts: 14,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

True, but those damned stickers are why I hate that authenticator. I have seen items (documents, letters, etc.) where he has put the sticker on the front of the item right next to the signature.

Most authentication companies (Spence included) also issue COA letters with a photo instead of using a sticker.

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭

looks good to me.....value may be in the $350 range

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Same here, and I've owned dozens of them, including a PSA 9/9/9. The shadowing on the signature isn't great, but ink looks bold and is nice! Always ask for sticker on letter; keep that off the ball. Is it an official ball? Sorry if I drooled a little...

"...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.