Home Autographs Forum

Help me with Brooklyn Dodger Auto's Late40's?

Late 40's?

Comments

• jlvette50jlvette50 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2020 6:32PM

I see:
    Top Panel: Pee Wee Reese and Rex Barney
    Middle Panel: Jackie Robinson and Gil Hodges
    Bottom Panel: Tommy Brown
    I think Roy Campanella right above Tommy Brown on the crease.

Longoria Collector. Love the Longo!https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/player-sets/evan-longoria-master-set/alltimeset/90851 600+ PSA Graded 4,700+ unique Longoria cards scanned on TCDB 800+ different Longo autograph cards Jeff

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is that?

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

So people can actually see it correctly:

Steve

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tommy Brown had nice handwriting skills.

• mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like maybe a sheet of autograph paper from one of those small albums that was taped over. It's nice that it was saved and some may appreciate it. it's something you might see a card maker buy and insert into some huge $ buyback card. Sorry to say, but that is one ugly item, and I am a Dodger collector.

Above Tommy Brown might be Don Newcombe or possibly Dan Bankhead, but I do not believe it is Campy.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • my dad got this as a teenager. he used to ride the the train to Philadelphia to watch the dogers play the phillies. the dodgers and their families would be on the train. they would gladly sign autos. he said that Robinson and Bankhead would always be in the diner car away from the rest of the team.

• the front

Makes for a great family keepsake for starters. There is still some value in it even with faint or taped over signatures, but quite a bit more if the signatures are sharper in person than they appear in the images.

@mrmopar said:
    Makes for a great family keepsake for starters. There is still some value in it even with faint or taped over signatures, but quite a bit more if the signatures are sharper in person than they appear in the images.

If you have a scanner, take it out of the holder and scan it. Lighting and the holder, plus phone images aren't always the clearest. That should give the best possible image for viewing.