• Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful night for a Midwest auction.

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chris...

Good luck on your sales tonight of unopened!

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

just a word of caution. across the road, there are some members putting out warning signals for this Heritage auction. I dont want anyone to get a bad card

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@mintonlypls - thanks!!

• Options

@craig44 - if you or anyone have concerns take it up with PSA since they graded practically all the cards. Some have been reviewed by PSA because of people like you only to be determined to be fine. Haters always be haters.

• Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    just a word of caution. across the road, there are some members putting out warning signals for this Heritage auction. I dont want anyone to get a bad card

Can you PM me a link?

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

let me start off by saying i completely understand where you're coming from but found this to be very uncouth considering.

• Options

@UFFDAH said:
    @craig44 - if you or anyone have concerns take it up with PSA since they graded practically all the cards. Some have been reviewed by PSA because of people like you only to be determined to be fine. Haters always be haters.

did i touch a nerve? awfully sensitive there. not a hater, I dont want anyone to be ripped off. I didnt specifically out any single card, just called for collectors to do their own research before bidding. apparently you do not consider that to be of any significance to the community as a whole as long as your bottom line is solid? the research is done, and it is damning. all you have to do is look, which apparently you are too afraid to do.

• Options

@craig44 said:

@UFFDAH said:

did i touch a nerve? awfully sensitive there. not a hater, I dont want anyone to be ripped off. I didnt specifically out any single card, just called for collectors to do their own research before bidding. apparently you do not consider that to be of any significance to the community as a whole as long as your bottom line is solid? the research is done, and it is damning. all you have to do is look, which apparently you are too afraid to do.

doubling down, ehh?

• Options

@blurryface said:

@craig44 said:

@UFFDAH said:

doubling down, ehh?

did I say something incorrect here?

• Options
    edited December 11, 2020 7:43PM

@craig44 said:

@blurryface said:

@craig44 said:

@UFFDAH said:

doubling down, ehh?

did I say something incorrect here?

i'd say no and yes considering the place. i don't have a dog in this fight. i don't pretend to be obtuse to the general knowledge of what is tolerated here either. but by all means, if you want to push those buttons, let me put on some popcorn and grab a cold one real quick.

• Options

ok, go to town...

• Options
    edited December 11, 2020 8:04PM

@craig44 - seriously. You call me out with your buds across the street? Seriously? I buy cards that are graded by PSA just like 1,000's of others here on the PSA Forum plus unopened that is BBCE certified. Call out PSA if you have a problem and circle your wagons around their headquarters.

• Options

@UFFDAH said:
    @craig44 - seriously. You call me out with your buds across the street? Seriously? I buy cards that are graded by PSA just like 1,000's of others here on the PSA Forum plus unopened that is BBCE certified. Call out PSA if you have a problem and circle your wagons around their headquarters and quit being a douchebag.

first, I most certainly did not ¨call you out¨. I made a general statement that could possibly help out the community. I also buy tons of PSA cards as well and consider them the leader in third party grading.

consider this my last word on this thread.

by the way, the name calling was a nice touch. really mature.

• Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

Are there specific cards in latest heritage auction called into question or is this just Casting an overall cloud of suspicion?

• Options

@craig44 - you are what you are. You are totally an instigator in your post which is your way of calling me out. You consider PSA a leader, except.......hypocrite. I stand behind PSA until PSA tells me a mistake has been made and then I go with their decision. Take your and your buddies gripe up with PSA.

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some great prices for sure last night, and I would take Monte’s PSA 9 Schmidt all day over the 10 and pocket the extra $170k and buy a sports car and a small beach house with the leftover $$ - that is a sharp 9 there for sure. As far as the warnings If there are cards in question and I was dropping $10k-20k-100k I would want to know and want specifics for sure. I don’t see where a specific card or collector was called out - did I miss something.

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2020 12:47PM

I cant believe someone technically paid 138,000.00(not including difference in sales tax of about 12,000.00=150,000.00 for a 1979 OPC pack with Gretzky showing. Difference in the 2 boxes.
    Insane to think. Now that is a record pack. And looks like the most ever paid for a single pack if you cancel it out. Crazy!!
    https://sports.ha.com/itm/hockey/1979-80-o-pee-chee-hockey-wax-box-with-48-unopened-packs-gretzky-rookie-year-/a/50031-58446.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515
    https://sports.ha.com/itm/hockey/1979-80-o-pee-chee-hockey-wax-box-with-48-unopened-packs-with-gretzky-rookie-on-back-of-pack-/a/50031-58861.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

• Options

@handyman - when I bought that box the thought crossed my mind to pull the Gretzky pack and have it graded. I quickly got rid of that thought and decided it was best it remain in the box and glad I did. There is only one other box I know of with a Gretzky showing pack inside and I'm betting the owner is a happy camper today.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trust but verify.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KendallCat said:
    Some great prices for sure last night, and I would take Monte’s PSA 9 Schmidt all day over the 10 and pocket the extra $170k and buy a sports car and a small beach house with the leftover $$ - that is a sharp 9 there for sure. As far as the warnings If there are cards in question and I was dropping $10k-20k-100k I would want to know and want specifics for sure. I don’t see where a specific card or collector was called out - did I miss something.

I agree on both points. With all the high end graded stuff going for booku bucks you have to be careful. I have been trying to get into the Star run of Basketball but I am just not confident in my ability to figure out what is fake and what's not. I have read all the old threads too but it still worries me before I drop thousands of dollars.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.