Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Grading backlog

I am in no hurry to grade cards. I would like someone's opinion. Will this grading craze slow down and go back to previous levels. I am just a beginning collector with about 8000 in cards. Would it be very cost effective to just send in a couple at a time or is bulk the way to go. Thanks in advance. Cause I see a lot of grading packages suspended

Comments

• I just sent my first two submissions in at the end of November. I used the value package. I sent them off with a mental expectation I wouldn't see them again for six months. The reason for me deciding on the value package is that I want my display to be uniform which meant getting cards graded that otherwise would probably not be worth it at $50 a card. Even at $12 or $15 a card, most of them I don't really expect to recoup any value near-term. I am not really concerned with that since this display is for my own enjoyment.

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

Given the backlog, I wouldn't expect a value submission to be done in 6 months. Now, with recent upgrades and hiring at PSA, might decrease the turnaround time. People are either using the faster/higher cost submission levels or going to value subs. I have 3 value subs that were sent in June and just went into grading.
    If you don't care about the turnaround time....value submission. If time is important, pony up the cash.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • AANVAANV Posts: 326 ✭✭✭

I would expect 8 - 10 months on a value sub from this point forward.

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AANV said:
    I would expect 8 - 10 months on a value sub from this point forward.

Agreed this is an objectively realistic time estimate. One of my orders was received on April 3 and is still in the Assembly stage, not yet at QA/QC.

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sports1981 said:
    I am in no hurry to grade cards. I would like someone's opinion. Will this grading craze slow down and go back to previous levels. I am just a beginning collector with about 8000 in cards. Would it be very cost effective to just send in a couple at a time or is bulk the way to go. Thanks in advance. Cause I see a lot of grading packages suspended

Are you planning to (eventually) submit all 8000 cards?