Home Q & A Forum

First time sending in for grading

Hello, I'm new to the forums. I sent in 2 new coins to be graded and this is the first time I've ever used PCGS. I paid quite a bit with certified and full insurance to ensure they would arrive quickly and safely. Its been almost 2 weeks and I don't see anything show up on my account. The find my package shows it but nothing under my orders. Should I be concerned? Should I be in for a long wait to get them all back? I used the standard grading but I did first strike. I'm mostly worried that if by the time they actually grade them its been over a month since the release. I hope they go off the date of when my package was shipped because I have no control over the transit or when its opened.

Comments

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum! :)

They seem to be running a little slow because of the V75 Silver Eagles.
    As long as you can see they got your package you should be fine.
    For the First Strike they will go off the postmarks and you should be fine.

• mcarney1173mcarney1173 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent a few coins to be graded through their Regular service. The package was received on 10/30 and I am still waiting to see the grades online. Could be 30-45 calendar days before you have the grades and the coins back.

• Thank you, yeah I sent in some v75 eagles and gold. As long as they go off postmark I'm happy. I was itching to see them when I got them but I had to keep them in the original packaging unopened before I sent them in. I guess it will be more exciting when I finally get them back.

• What will be the fees for grading services and who do you recommend?

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 17, 2020 11:10AM

@Florida said:
    What will be the fees for grading services and who do you recommend?

you've found yourself on the PCGS forums. they don't like us to recommend other services.

what do you want graded and we can run through the fees.

oh, and you can post this in the us coin forum if they are us coins.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • @MsMorrisine said:

@Florida said:
    What will be the fees for grading services and who do you recommend?

you've found yourself on the PCGS forums. they don't like us to recommend other services.

what do you want graded and we can run through the fees.

oh, and you can post this in the us coin forum if they are us coins.

OK thanks no disrespect.