Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1963 Red Book

Does the 1963 Red Book with the error,reversed/ missing pages have any special collector value?

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe.

I don't have a Redbook with me at the moment, but if you look in the back of one of the more current editions, there is a valuation list for earlier editions of the Redbook, and I believe it lists an error or two, though I don't know if your error is one of them.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭
    It's mentioned (in the '98 Red Book anyway) as among the "best known" of the errors - and that most of the 1963's were corrected. So yeah - I'm sure it's got value - but none is mentioned, anyway, in the '98 edition.
  • Options
    I have a 2003 Red Book. It says on page 343 on the next to the last paragraph as :

" Error books are also popular with collectors. The most common is one with double stamped printing on the cover. The second most frequently seen are those with the cover put on upside down. Probably the best known of the error books is the 1963, 16TH edition with a missing page. For some uncanny reason page 239 is duplicated in some of those books, and page 237 is missing. The error is corrected on most of the printing. "

The prices given on page 344 is :

Issue Price - $1.75
    Fine - $4.00
    Very Fine - $5.00
    New - $8.00

I don`t see off hand any price quote for a 1963 error. Maybe someone else that follows it more closely than I would know.

Spelling errorimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file