Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Set Registry Page Formatting Problems

PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

For a long time now I have had problems with improper page formatting when viewing set registry pages that include photos on my IPad. This is what it looks like when I visit one of my set pages on a 6th generation iPad. No grade, population or other information is visible. Why is it so hard for the registry to work with mobile devices?

Comments

• bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

Turn your iPad sideways (landscape) to get more columns. Also, it appears you're using your browser to get to psacard.com rather than the free Set Registry app. I tried it both ways with my iPad with one of your Wacky Pack pages and got Image, Spec #, Card #, Item, Grade, Spec # Pop, Spec # Pop Higher, Total Pop, Total Pop Higher, and Comments in landscape mode and Image, Spec #, Card #, Item, Grade, and Spec # Pop in portrait mode.

The Set Registry App has a bug that it won't update properly if you turn your iPad sideways while viewing a set, but it works if you back out to a prior page and come back in. Silly app. :neutral:

P.S. Not sure what generation my iPad is. Is iPad Pro a generation?

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2020 10:11AM

@bobsbbcards

In the app, I am unable to swipe through the photos in a set. I’m only able to view them one at a time by clicking on them. Also, the photos are blown up way too large and don’t look good.

Also, how can you view my sets in the app? All I seem to have access to are my own sets.

• bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2020 5:00AM

Right underneath the PSA Set Registry title, there's a blue area labeled "Explore PSA Set Registry" on my home page. Similar to the desktop interface beyond that (choose a sport/non-sport, category, search box, choose set group, choose individual set). Be careful not to click < Back at the top of the screen at any point, since that takes you back to your home screen—click the "<" at the bottom of the screen to back up one page.

When I click on the camera icon next to "Paul Maul's WP Series 4," I get a full page of gallery photos. When I click on the first one I get an image that fits nicely on my screen, and I can swipe in either direction.

Sorry to be of so little help.

Thanks, I will give it another try.

edited November 29, 2020 7:22AM

@bobsbbcards

I found the area you’re talking about, and the functionality seems a little better than it is through Safari. The page formatting is still wrong. I’m starting to think that the IPad just isn’t compatible with the set registry for some reason. Thanks for your help.