Home Autographs Forum

Seeking help on IDing these Dodgers autos

Hi all — would love a Dodgers expert’s help. Obviously I see Don Newcombe, but who else signed this?

Comments

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2020 2:39AM

I see what looks like Steve Lyons and he has added "Psycho". But not on the Dodgers... :/

• picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

Ron Cey next to Newcombe.
    That is Steve Lyons also.

• jlvette50jlvette50 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2020 11:44AM

Sweet Lou Johnson in the middle of third photo.
    Cesar Izturis is right below Lou's.
    Derrel Thomas same photo, below Cesar's.
    Oscar Robles, last photo, middle vertical auto.
    Jason Repko #17 is to the left of Oscar Robles.
    Edwin Jackson's horizontally, right above Oscar Robles. (#58)

Longoria Collector. Love the Longo!https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/player-sets/evan-longoria-master-set/alltimeset/90851 600+ PSA Graded 4,700+ unique Longoria cards scanned on TCDB 800+ different Longo autograph cards Jeff

• mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

Better pictures would help a lot more. Closer up and showing each section of the helmet, not the same areas with slightly different angles. For example, a shot of the right rear side would show those signatures better than the other shots you shared. A better shot of the top of the helmet, looking straight down, may help for a couple of those too.

On the top, there appears to be a "Frank" signature. Could be McCourt, could be Lankford or I could be off completely, but I just can't tell from the images provided.

Yeager is under Robles, but the rest that have yet to be identified are either partially cut off or have bad angles/too far back shots.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.

Actually, that rear right one looks like it is probably Kevin Kennedy.

The Rod signature is possibly Barajas.

Above Kennedy could possibly be Charley Steiner. Again, hard to see because I can't see the whole signature in one shot.

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2020 5:29PM

The Rod on top is Rod Dedeaux, the long-time head coach of the USC Trojans baseball team, and the head coach of the 1984 USA Olympic baseball team.

Edited to add: He played in two games at shortstop for the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1935.

Steve

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    I see what looks like Steve Lyons and he has added "Psycho". But not on the Dodgers... :/

Lyons was the Dodgers' TV color analyst from 2005-2013.

Steve

• Thanks all!

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

You're Welcome!