Home Sports Talk

WEEK 11 PICK'EM CONTEST

JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 22, 2020 11:03AM in Sports Talk

same rules as before -- pick all 13 games (no Thurs night this week), and include the tiebreaker, which is the total points scored between the Rams n Bucs next Monday night

Bragging rights for the week are on the line, so guys, get out those handicapping forms and get cracking. Steve K, we'll be looking for some odds
good luck all!!!.

WEEK 11

Dueces Pitts Lions Texans Ravens browns Saints Cinci Chargers Miami Min Pack KC TB 48

BlueJay Pitts Lions Texans Titans Eagles Falcons Cinci Chargers Denver Dal Pack KC TB 62

55Topps Pitts Panth Texans Ravens browns Falcons W F T Chargers Miami Min Colts KC TB 44

Dragon Pitts Lions NE Pats Titans browns Falcons Cinci Chargers Miami Min Pack KC TB 51

TheShow Pitts Panth NE Pats Ravens browns Falcons Cinci Chargers Miami Dal Pack KC TB 60

Perkdog Pitts Lions NE Pats Ravens browns Falcons Cinci Chargers Miami Min Pack KC TB 62

..Darin Pitts Lions NE Pats Ravens browns Falcons Cinci Chargers Miami Min Pack KC TB 58

..Brick Pitts Lions NE Pats Titans browns Saints Cinci Chargers Miami Dal Pack KC TB 45

Dennis Pitts Lions NE Pats Ravens browns Saints W F T Chargers Miami Min Colts KC TB 41

ZIPCity Pitts Panth Texans Titans Eagles Falcons Cinci Chargers Miami Min Colts KC Rams 51

Steve K Pitts Panth NE Pats Ravens Eagles Saints Cinci Chargers Denver Min Colts KC Rams 38

JRR 300 Pitts Lions NE Pats Titans Eagles Saints Cinci Chargers Miami Min Pack KC TB 58

Good luck

Comments

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picks submitted.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picks submitted

And a big hand for @JRR300 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2020 10:18AM

Picks sent, thanks @JRR300 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

My picks in?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭

just getting back. away for a few days. will review tonight and tomorrow and list whose picks I have.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm involved in a seance right now with Jimmy the Greek to see if he can help me pick some winners.

What was that Jimmy? Speak up will ya, i'm having trouble hearing ya.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    I'm involved in a seance right now with Jimmy the Greek to see if he can help me pick some winners.

Maybe you could take a run up the Museum of Art steps and get some inspiration. Worked for Rocky Balboa.

@MCMLVTopps said:

@stevek said:

Maybe you could take a run up the Museum of Art steps and get some inspiration. Worked for Rocky Balboa.

I've already got inspiration in the form of desiring the $25 prize money.

So at this point in time I need information not inspiration. ;)

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

@stevek said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

@stevek said:

No $$ this week.

OK, I have picks in for 6 players.

Dueces, Perk, Topps, Dragon, Brick and Bluejay. still pleanty of time to get your picks in for bragging rights!!
    Will we get our first repeat winner this week?????

Repeat winner? Bank on it!

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in

@MCMLVTopps said:

@stevek said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

@stevek said:

No $$ this week.

Bragging rights only?

Oh well, I'll take what i can get.

Picks in.

• zippcityzippcity Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭

picks in.

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-

Looks like everyone's in. Will post all picks shortly.
    Good luck all!

Man, what a week!!! Some crazy endings and outcomes. My first glance shows Topps in the lead, as he looks to become the first repeat winner. Not much tonight as everyone has KC.

@JRR300 said:
    Man, what a week!!! Some crazy endings and outcomes. My first glance shows Topps in the lead, as he looks to become the first repeat winner. Not much tonight as everyone has KC.

Sent you a message about my total pts. for the Monday game.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@JRR300 said:

Sent you a message about my total pts. for the Monday game.

Don't bother about the points. Won't make any difference. Thanks again for running this.

Are there any coin collectors here? I need some help trying to figure out an old coin I have.

@JRR300 said:
    Are there any coin collectors here? I need some help trying to figure out an old coin I have.

Post a pic.

If it's valuable, maybe it could be used as a prize for the week 12 contest. ;)

• dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

6-6 so far with the BUCS on Monday night. Could be my first losing week so far. Not a good week / nothing to brag about here. :)

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball

looks like it could be a 3 way tie with a rams win, with point total determining the outcome.

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-

@zippcity said:
    looks like it could be a 3 way tie with a rams win, with point total determining the outcome.

Who’s in the running?

W.C.Fields

@zippcity said:

I didn't tabulate all of it, but since only me and you have the Rams, I must still be in the race. So I need a Rams win along with a dismal night from Tom Brady, since you've got the total score 13 points higher than mine.

topps leads with 8 wins, stevek & zippcity come in with 7 wins, they both have the rams which will tie topps, providing they win, leaving the point total to determine the outcome.

@zippcity said:
    topps leads with 8 wins, stevek & zippcity come in with 7 wins, they both have the rams which will tie topps, providing they win, leaving the point total to determine the outcome.

Oh yes...so if the Bucs lose, Topps at 44 is hoping for a low score, but not too low.

Come on Tom, how about a nice 2 or 3 picks night for stevek, one time...you can do it with that old, tired, worn out 43 year old body.

Looks like we have a competitive race to the finish.

@zippcity said:

Thanks Zip. Didn't get a chance to post this until now. Topps looking to become the first back to back and multiple week winner with a Brady win tonight.
    If the Rams win, then:

Steve K 38-40
    Steve K and Topps tie 41
    Topps 42-47
    Zip 48 and over

Good luck all.

edited November 23, 2020 4:05PM

@stevek said:

@zippcity said:

Come on Tom, how about a nice 2 or 3 picks night for stevek, one time...you can do it with that old, tired, worn out 43 year old body.

You may have sealed your fate by trying to put a hex on Terrific Tom. We shall see.

@MCMLVTopps said:

@stevek said:

@zippcity said:

You may have sealed your fate by trying to put a hex on Terrific Tom. We shall see.

I agree with ya. I blew it.

Terrific Tom may have over 10 touchdown passes tonight. Along with a receiving touchdown pass, which might make up a little bit for the very easy pass he dropped in the Super Bowl where the Eagles kicked his keister.

@stevek said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

@stevek said:

@zippcity said:

I agree with ya. I blew it.

Terrific Tom may have over 10 touchdown passes tonight. Along with a receiving touchdown pass, which might make up a little bit for the very easy pass he dropped in the Super Bowl where the Eagles kicked his keister.

Brady lost it in the lights on Nick Foles statue.

W.C.Fields

Well, it looks like we have our first repeat winner. CONGRATS ZIP!!!!!
    Not a good night for the GOAT.

Congrats to Zip.

He's fast becoming a handicapping legend on CU Sports Talk. :)

Congrats to Zipp!

Zipp, do you do a podcast for your weekly selections?????

On a separate note, it appeared as though Brady blew off Goff at handshake time last night. Did anyone else notice???

Slices of brilliance penetrated by too much inept play.

Congrats Zippo.

@JRR300 said:
    Zipp, do you do a podcast for your weekly selections?????

He does, I just subscribed.

It's expensive but there's a 10% off bonus to CU members, so that was nice.

@JRR300 said:
    Well, it looks like we have our first repeat winner. CONGRATS ZIP!!!!!
    Not a good night for the GOAT.

Those who idolize Tom Brady must think that he's immortal.

His performances are naturally, because of his age, going to become more inconsistent as the second half of the season wears on.

For proof, just look at his QB rating the past four games starting with the game last night of 62.5:

@zippcity said:
    Thanks to everyone for the comments, the endorsements are rolling in, book deals a movie of the week , and the parade was magnificent. As for the podcast ( Tinfoil hats are required) , type in the keywords tator tots and receive an additional 10% off and my free 3 game parlay of the week. Again thank you all and everyone have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

Felicidades! I've got my hat, ready for the podcast.