Home Sports Talk

Who's the MVP for the first half of the NFL season?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who do you think was the MVP for the first half of the NFL season?

Comments

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Falcons had the wins, Ryan.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dalvin Cook.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2020 8:01AM

Not necessarily first half of season, but if he keeps it up and his team gets on a win streak, I could see Kyler Murray getting votes.

But as for first half, I'd half to take a look at things and get back to you. But off the top of my head, the way they pick these things, it would maybe be Rodgers or Ben. But I'm not arguing these points, because like I said I'm winging it here.

Edit to change auto correct wrong word

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mahomes has come on really strong in the last 2 weeks. It has to be looking good for him in the second half

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mahomes is still the front runner. Wilson is most valuable to his team. Without him they’d look like the Cowboys. Allen is putting up impressive #’s if he can continue he’s in top 3.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mahomes

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

25 TDs vs just 1INT is pretty incredible, on top of all of his other incredible stats.

I heard a stat on Mahomes that he’s thrown 9 interception balls this year that haven’t been caught. It could be he throws so hard the defense can’t handle them or the other reason is that’s why they play defense. 😂

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    I heard a stat on Mahomes that he’s thrown 9 interception balls this year that haven’t been caught. It could be he throws so hard the defense can’t handle them or the other reason is that’s why they play defense. 😂

I mentioned in a post a while back when Mahomes was making a few bad decisions that he seems to get
    lucky that way. Balls right to a defender they seem to magically drop.
    I didn't know it was 9 dropped picks though. I would have guessed maybe 4-5 at most.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tom Brady.

@Hydrant said:
    Tom Brady.

????

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said:

@Hydrant said:
    Tom Brady.

????

Cam Newton?

@Hydrant said:

@2dueces said:

@Hydrant said:
    Tom Brady.

????

Cam Newton?

????? 😂

W.C.Fields

Kirk Cousins when Dalvin Cook is averaging 6 yards per carry????

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

Russell Wilson has sure hit a rough stretch.
    Just goes to show its a long season because he was the runaway favorite about 3 weeks ago.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

W.C.Fields

@Darin said:
    Russell Wilson has sure hit a rough stretch.
    Just goes to show its a long season because he was the runaway favorite about 3 weeks ago.

Russel Wilson is the most exciting player to watch in the NFL. Unfortunately, the Seahawks are a one man show and that one man has lost a step.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

Thats an interesting stat. I guess it would be similar to BABIP for baseball. sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

@craig44 said:

@2dueces said:

Thats an interesting stat. I guess it would be similar to BABIP for baseball. sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

It's not really a stat except for an incomplete pass.

edited November 19, 2020 6:53PM

Jared Goff?

@2dueces said:

Of the top five only Allen and Brady haven't had a bye week yet.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

The Bills bye week is this week and it came at the right time. Maybe 2 weeks iff will get everyone healthy. But I see your point.

W.C.Fields
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

I think it’s Mahomes followed by Rogers and Kyler Murray.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS

@Ahmanfan said:

Wow blast from the past, haven’t seen you around in awhile

• AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@Ahmanfan said:

Hey Perk. I’m getting back into it a little. Nice to see you around.
    -John

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
    edited November 20, 2020 10:57AM

Kyler Murray. He's currently all the rage.

@Hydrant said:

Eh, maybe not. Kind of a let down when he took a sack to end last night's game.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Bucs end up with a really good record, I could see Brady being in the mix. Probably a long shot.

@Darin said:

@Hydrant said:

Eh, maybe not. Kind of a let down when he took a sack to end last night's game.

Really. What a way to end the game. Not good.

Vikings would be winless without Dalvin "The Chef" Cook.

@JoeBanzai said:

Vikings could be very interesting in the coming weeks. Soft schedule for the month could see them right back into the playoff picture.

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said:

@JoeBanzai said:

Vikings could be very interesting in the coming weeks. Soft schedule for the month could see them right back into the playoff picture.

It looks like Mike Zimmer is the new genius coach (defensively anyway), I think there are 3 starters on defense left over from last years team, maybe 4. They have even had some injuries to their new guys and they are still playing pretty well.

edited November 21, 2020 11:10PM

@JoeBanzai said:

@2dueces said:

@JoeBanzai said:

I think you're probably right. Their remaining schedule does favor them and Cousins looked pretty pumped against the Bears. Dalvin Cook is solid and looks better week by week. The defense is o.k. and improving. The Vikings could surprise a lot of people around playoff time.

@Hydrant said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@2dueces said:

@JoeBanzai said:

I think you're probably right. Their remaining schedule does favor them and Cousins looked pretty pumped against the Bears. Dalvin Cook is solid and looks better week by week. The defense is o.k. and improving. The Vikings could surprise a lot of people around playoff time.

Defense not good enough. No pass rush. I was wondering why they got rid of Yannick Ngakoue, he seemed to be able to put pressure on the QB and might have made the difference in the Dallas game.

Cousins is a good QB, but only if his team is ahead, or early in the game and he has the threat of Dalvin Cook to hand the ball to. His weakness really showed against Dallas at the end of the game. Not enough time on the clock to run the ball, and he looked lost. Not the first time I have seen this. We heard this complaint when we got him for about a trillion dollars. He has a very good arm, so did Jeff George.

With 2 great receivers and a very good TE, somebody should be open! Not to mention Cook, who is one of the best, if not the best RB in the league and a good pass receiver.

Frankly, I am surprised the Vikings have done as well as they have. Two 1 point losses. At least one game lost by Zimmer screwing around with extra points.

Vikes look to be changing from a very good defensive team to a better offensive team. Justin Jefferson looks like a future STAR! Offensive line has played better too.

No Super Bowls in the immediate future :-(

@Ahmanfan said:

@perkdog said:

@Ahmanfan said:

Hey Perk. I’m getting back into it a little. Nice to see you around.
    -John

Good to hear that, glad to have you back bud 🍻👍👍