Home Sports Talk

Jim Nantz wants Tony Romo's money

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jim Nantz is reportedly fed up with taking a back seat to Tony Romo as far as money is concerned. He wants what Tony makes, which is $17.5 million a year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/11/18/jim-nantz-wants-tony-romo-money-with-cbs-contract-drama-looming/amp/

Comments

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

give it to him !

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2020 5:33PM

I wonder how much Joe Buck makes? 🤔

You know, Jim Nantz is a huge wine lover, and he even has his own brand of wine. He doesn't want his name on the bottle. Here it is, the name of the wine is "The Calling".

Man, Tony Romo is rolling in dough. He probably uses money as kleenex.

Tony Romo's kleenex box....

Tony Romo's toilet paper rolls....

edited November 19, 2020 6:24PM

Shoot, I remember the days when Jim Nantz and Phil Simms used to call games. From time to time I still wonder, what happened?

edited November 19, 2020 6:32PM

Heck, we all know Jim Nantz calls the shots in the booth. He owns that freakin booth, Tony is just a guest. Just look at Jim stick his leg up on the desk. Make no mistake about it, that booth is Jim Nantz's turf.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never heard of him.

I've said it before, and I'm not afraid to say it again, if Greg Gumbel doesn't make it into the broadcasters HOF, somebody's going to be hearing from my lawyers!

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Heck, we all know Jim Nantz calls the shots in the booth. He owns that freakin booth, Tony is just a guest. Just look at Jim stick his leg up on the desk. Make no mistake about it, that booth is Jim Nantz's turf.

Yeah, but look who has the overhead heater on.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@doubledragon said:

Yeah, but look who has the overhead heater on.

You're right, and if you'll notice, Tony has a chair and Jim doesn't! It would appear as though Tony is actually calling the shots in the booth! Not only is Tony making more money, he also gets heat and a chair. Jim is getting railroaded!

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guess he is trying to get a "leg up" on Tony. They do work well with each other. Jim: calm demeanor like he does on the golf telecasts,Tony: the more excitable persona. I think though Tony has instilled some of that excitableness into Jim. But he will never keep up with Tony.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Jim is so calm and sparkly.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like jim nantz, back up the brinks truck and pay the man

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t blame him, he has been announcing games since Romo was in diapers

edited November 20, 2020 10:21AM

I like Jim Nantz as well, he has that friendly, calm, soothing voice. When I listen to him, I just want to put on my bedroom slippers and grab a cup of hot cocoa and enjoy the tranquility!

Instead of wanting Tony Romo's money he should just ask his boss for a raise. That's usually how it's done.

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

I want Tony Romo money. and a seat on a Ukrainian energy board of directors.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dick Enberg = GOAT

@hammer1 said:
    Dick Enberg = GOAT

Yes.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

enberg was great

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.