Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

busting my bols!

blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

get your mind outta the gutter! im talking about my bol bols. you know, the one who plays w/ denver’s nuggets? or better known as manute bols kid.

in all seriousness, i think he’s actually going to be pretty good. tall and lanky like his pops, but this kid can actually shoot, pass and his overall game seems very well rounded! bazinga.

with that, i think ive started to pc him too. and will start off by showing off a redemption that just made it in. busted this one outta the pack myself...

blue bols:

“with a game so nice, they named him twice”

Comments

• Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

His Panini Draft Pick base cards going for .25 each at the Chantilly show.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nathaniel1960 said:
    His Panini Draft Pick base cards going for .25 each at the Chantilly show.

i think prizm draft is equivalent to minor league cards value wise. he spiked pretty high during that pre-bubble warm up game. was all the rage for a couple of days but then took his spot on the bench as the season picked back up.

think this upcoming season, especially if he gets traded to the pelis could do wonderful things for his career and cards.

loved watching his dad play back in the day, but jr's game and skill set is way beyond manutes.

edited November 3, 2020 5:00AM

@dustinspeaks said:
    This guy has been playing 2 years and has almost 300 different cards in the pop report. Completely out of control.

you forgot his college ball days, draft cards and that basketball seasons typically span two years. with this seasons cards coming out in 2019 & 2020.

i only like 3 types of potato chips, yet there's a whole aisle dedicated to them. i'm imagining you walking down the aisle w a dazed and disgruntled look shouting out "this amount of chips is completely outta control!". 😉

variety is a lot of people's favorite spice.

"when you try to control everything, you enjoy nothing"

• pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice card but is it me or are the signatures of modern players getting worse everyday? His "signature" looks real easy to forge and probably even easier to get past any grading company.

• NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Bol Bol @blurryface. :). Sig is epic, on par with Griffey.

Did you happen to check you PMs recently?

• billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

I LOVE this kid's game!!! I bought several of his Prizm variations.. His only problem is that the Nuggets have like 9 PF/Cs on their roster

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still remember when his 7 foot 7 dad, Manute, hit six 3 pointers against Phoenix in one epic half. Even Barkley gave him props.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9CxSZmnAT5I

@dustinspeaks said:
    If I go in to the supermarket there are like 25-30 different kinds of potato chip. There are hundreds of NBA players. Those are the chips. Each of those hundreds of NBA players having 150 cards a season being released isn't good for the hobby.

hobby seems pretty healthy looking, while bol bol doesn't. but i can assure you, his look is natural.

@doubledragon said:
    I still remember when his 7 foot 7 dad, Manute, hit six 3 pointers against Phoenix in one epic half. Even Barkley gave him props.

>

watch this clip, dd.

blocks the shot, runs the floor w the turnover then pulls up and drains the three:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BMiki3viUD8

@pab1969 said:
    Nice card but is it me or are the signatures of modern players getting worse everyday? His "signature" looks real easy to forge and probably even easier to get past any grading company.

his signature is pretty legible to me which is why i didnt mind keeping this card. now, if you wanna check out cam reddish or rui hachimuras sigs, i am all on board on w pulling out the pitchforks!

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

@doubledragon said:

>

watch this clip, dd.

blocks the shot, runs the floor w the turnover then pulls up and drains the three:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BMiki3viUD8

He's a bad man indeed, he can do it all!

nice pair of blue bols!

signed and unsigned to /35:

and red bols gives you wings:

self yanked, self subbed pink bol:

edited January 20, 2021 9:16PM

started last 2 games and while this may be considered "crap" minutes too, still doesn't take away from running the full length of the court and doing this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A3A-0oj-YxE

GO BOLS DEEP & INVEST NOW! 😉

• gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I could find the video of Manute teeing off in a golf tournament. It looked like he was swinging a twig. It didn’t end well. 😊

edited January 20, 2021 10:04PM

@gemint said:
    I wish I could find the video of Manute teeing off in a golf tournament. It looked like he was swinging a twig. It didn’t end well. 😊

i would seriously love to see that! im envisioning a baby giraffe ice skating...

• billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

@gemint said:

i would seriously love to see that! im envisioning a baby giraffe ice skating...

Or Manute Bol ice skating

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

One time I was having a few drinks in this club in DC called Heaven & Hell, leaning against a bar and suddenly an arm goes directly over my head (I am 6'4") and reaches across the bar to tap the bartender on the shoulder and hand him a glass for refill - longest arm ever. I spun around and Manute was standing there grinning and carrying on - he loved the people there and they loved him. Good luck with the Bols!

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

You see Bol’s dunk last night?

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

@DBesse27 said:
    You see Bol’s dunk last night?

i did. ^^^. 😉