Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PWCC Auctions - Bidder IDs Now Concealed

Anyone else notice this? Auctions starting in the last few days now state private listing. Hmmmm....

Comments

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

just another kick to the privates?

bazinga.

• NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    As a bidder on ebay, I'm inherently wary of private listings.

Me to..

@blurryface said:
    just another kick to the privates?

bazinga.

Yeah, it will make you feel better when you don't know you are shilled to death. All for the welfare of man.

• Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

@dustinspeaks said:
    I think the only difference is that you cant see the buyers name, or the item description on the feedback page. Hiding that information stops people from being able to see what you bought or sold. It might stop the item from showing up on the sold items search. None of that stuff is really a big deal. If that information disappeared across the board it wouldn't be a big deal. Most retailers don't give you that information. The auction houses give some pricing history. That's why that information is available to you now. Auction house vibe.

I almost never run auctions on eBay. Almost always BIN.

They aren’t doing this to protect buyers’ privacy.

edited October 18, 2020 6:09PM

@rcmb3220 said:

@dustinspeaks said:
    I think the only difference is that you cant see the buyers name, or the item description on the feedback page. Hiding that information stops people from being able to see what you bought or sold. It might stop the item from showing up on the sold items search. None of that stuff is really a big deal. If that information disappeared across the board it wouldn't be a big deal. Most retailers don't give you that information. The auction houses give some pricing history. That's why that information is available to you now. Auction house vibe.

I almost never run auctions on eBay. Almost always BIN.

They aren’t doing this to protect buyers’ privacy.

of course they are. especially if it gets relisted a few months later looking a little bit better and dawned w an "exceptional sticker". makes connecting the dots harder. being able to not detect shilling is just an added benefit.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2020 1:13AM

the important people involved in the transaction have all of the information? :D ^

so let me get this straight. the honest Joe who spots his dream card in PWCC's possession and is now given nothing but a litany of bids over the course of 10 days is provided all the pertinent information he humanly deserves to make an informed buying decision? yeah sure. going to bid on one of their cards now with IDs concealed will be the equivalent of being slammed up against a brick wall blindfolded with a cigarette shoved in your pie hole. something unfortunate may happen to you, or it may not. but rest assured you'll never know.

bidding on PWCC's listings (by virtue of eBay's "policing") has proven to be a haven for thieves for yearsssss even prior to this revelation. now this calculated decision is gonna turn it into an absolute utopia for unscrupulous types.

eotd you can spin this however you want, but in my mind it is extremely cut and dried: either do the right thing or don't. at one time i owned some PWCC pom-poms, but thankfully i trashed those bad boys long ago.

• shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭✭

Raise your hand if you think eBay's in on the racket?

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

@shagrotn77 said:
    Raise your hand if you think eBay's in on the racket?

Well they recently added another layer of ID scrambling (on non-private auctions). I wonder who requested that?

gonna try to be less vocal on things that make no sense. so with that, i present one of my favorite lebowski scenes that coincide w this thread:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v7acD4q0lp0

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2020 4:17AM

Ebay involved? Can't say but the do have the power to take down completed auctions and erase evidence

Here is a card I was thinking of bidding on until I looked at Ebay history on VCP.

1971 OPC #133 Marcel Dionne PSA 9 Cert #42575774

Last 2 auctions on VCP PWCC seller on both.

DATE PRICE LINK BIDS AUCTION SELLER BUYER REPORT
    9/27/20 $1,300.00 Auction
    Image 27 eBay pwcc_auctions r***r - ! - The second place bidder has the numbers ****326**** and lost at a bid of $1300.

7/30/20 $1,136.11 Auction
    Image 37 eBay pwcc_auctions m***i - ! -
    The winning bidder has numbers ****326****

but yet the card reappears 2 months later (was it not paid for) and same bidder is "allowed" to bid again
    with a rise in price of about $200. Doesn't PWCC claim all NPB are blocked?
    Now the funny part. Here is ebay auction and you can see bid history. click on bidder ****326****
    and you will see zeros across the board. How do you get a 0% of bids with a seller when you have bid multiple times???

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/402442319504?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l10137

When I asked PWCC to explain this I received no answer.

All I ask for is a fair auction. I stay away from auction houses that allow internal bidding

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets

Slimy

• olb31olb31 Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

someone did some research and found out something. Transparency? No shilling on my auction site.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

@jay0791 said:
    Ebay involved? Can't say but the do have the power to take down completed auctions and erase evidence

Here is a card I was thinking of bidding on until I looked at Ebay history on VCP.

Image 27 eBay pwcc_auctions r***r - ! - The second place bidder has the numbers ****326**** and lost at a bid of $1300.

but yet the card reappears 2 months later (was it not paid for) and same bidder is "allowed" to bid again
    Now the funny part. Here is ebay auction and you can see bid history. click on bidder ****326****
    and you will see zeros across the board. How do you get a 0% of bids with a seller when you have bid multiple times???

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/402442319504?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l10137

All I ask for is a fair auction. I stay away from auction houses that allow internal bidding

wow, that is some good sleuthing...what a crooked racket they have...wouldn't it be something if 75% of bidders just stopped bidding on their auctions?

• voxels123voxels123 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

But we can all agree that the value of sports cards has increased exponentially over the last few years, correct? The cards that I track by PWCC never get relisted.

You really never see the same PSA Certs pop up in multiple auctions.

🤷‍♂️

• soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2020 4:11PM

@jay0791 said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-O-Pee-Chee-OPC-Hockey-133-Marcel-Dionne-Red-Wings-RC-Rookie-HOF-PSA-9-MINT-/383805070574?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Isn’t this the same card? Seller is PROBSTEIN123 this time.

On another note, couldn’t buyer ****326**** have won the auction on 7/30, kept in their PWCC account and resisted it for the 9/27 sale? Then seller ****326**** could have easily shilled their own auction. I have zero knowledge about the item in question but I’m assuming the original purchase on 7/30 was a decent price.

IMO, for PWCC to shill this auction makes little sense with the price difference being $163.89. PWCC would only gain around $25 on the sale the second time around. Is $25 worth going through the hassle of a getting fees back from the sale if you’re PWCC?

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

On 2nd auction if buyer 326 kept it in the vault they would still be bidding on their own card the 2nd auction.
    When I questioned PWCC on this they chose to ignore me.

Just last week I was talking to an ebay customer service rep on his card/auction. I had called on another subject.
    He said it looked fishy. When I showed him that when a bidder % of bids on a particular seller (pwcc) (found by clicking on the 326 ebay bidder #) cant go from 100% to 0% as they actually did bid. He said it was really fishy and would refer it to the ebay gurus and get back to me. I think I'll be waiting until the sun burns out.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

Why would the card be bought and consigned through PROBSTIEN123? Last night it sold for $1070.

• aconteaconte Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭

I won't ever bid in a PWCC auction again.

aconte

• I stopped consigning with PWCC early last year. Slow to payout, high fees. Been selling through Rick with excellent results. Pays out quickly, no hassles. Since I rarely buy cards anymore, I wasn't aware of PWCC's recent actions. I agree that this doesn't seem to pass the smell test. Not the first time I've wondered about their practices.

Collecting 64, 66, 67, 70 & 71 Baseball. Cubs, wax, cello & rack baseball.