Home Sports Talk

Cano suspended for 2021 season

craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

2nd time busted for PED. Full season suspension. This will most likely keep him from 3000 hits and the HOF.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

Comments

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

The first thing that pops into Royals fans head when they hear or read the name Robinson Cano...

"BOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

WHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

(10 Times...)

HA! HA! HAAAAA! HAAAAAAAAAAA!

YEAH! SIT DOWN, PUNK!"

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy...

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

robinson cano? 3000? i no longer know anything when it comes to baseball, so right after i did a triple take i had to look his stats up

dude is 38. the bat has some molasses on it now. "i gotta get to 3000. whatever it takes."

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sort of off topic, sorry.

Reading this, I started having flashbacks to the early aughts. I was a Red Sox fan, living in NYC, who spent his morning commute reading the Daily News on the subway. My evening commute home was spent reading the NY Post. I always started with the sports section. If I remember correctly, when Cano finally made it in 2005, it felt like I had been reading about him forever. People were definitely excited about what he might do.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

The New York Mets star second baseman tested positive for PEDs, according to ESPN’s Jeff Passan, and he’s now been suspended for all of next year.

38-year-old Cano will also forfeit $24 MILLION in salary due to the season-long ban, Passan added.

The 8-time All-Star had previously been busted for using a banned substance back in 2018 … when MLB hit him with an 80-game suspension.

LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZER

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    robinson cano? 3000? i no longer know anything when it comes to baseball, so right after i did a triple take i had to look his stats up

dude is 38. the bat has some molasses on it now. "i gotta get to 3000. whatever it takes."

Must've worked. He hit .316 this year.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

He has well over 2600 hits and could possibly have made it to 2800 this year. I think this suspension erases that milestone

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Timing could not have been any better for this news. What with the yearly Bonds,Clemens PED HOF controversy talk.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Timing could not have been any better for this news. What with the yearly Bonds,Clemens PED HOF controversy talk.

And just like Bonds and Clemens, it's mystifying as to why to take PEDS. Cano would've been a Hall of Famer in my book without PEDS. Now he's toast.

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

IMO Cano wasn't HOF level just very good.
    Now he is almost for sure not making it.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cheaters never prosper.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn’t even know he was still playing