Home Autographs Forum

Political signatures, not sure if they're authentic.

I found these tucked away in our house from the previous owner. I know he was a hardcore republican party supporter but I'm not sure if these were actually signed by the people themselves or just by a secretary. Any thoughts?

Comments

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15, 2020 6:41PM

I just made the mistake of googling the name of the recipient of those items :s

If it is the same person, I'd be careful when you're looking through the house ;)

Steve

• @SDSportsFan said:
    I just made the mistake of googling the name of the recipient of those items :s

If it is the same person, I'd be careful when you're looking through the house ;)

Steve

It's definitely the same person. He gives these items a fun story attached to them regardless if they're anything special! 😆

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most of it seems to be routine campaign-related stuff. Mostly pre-printed signatures (the Bush photos have a identical printed signature).

Without seeing them in person to see if they are pen signed, I can't be sure on some of them.

The best chance for a real sig is the senate letter, but that could also be an autopen.

There is no way the Bush letter is real. Just not sure if the person's name is hand written or computer generated at the beginning of the letter.

• DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

I think the OP was hoping they were actual wet signatures, not autopens. The next test is to show them in person to an expert, so I would hang on to them and preserve them in the meantime.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only one that looks like it has a chance of being real is the Spencer Abraham signature but even that could be an autopen or secretary signature. I wouldn't be surprised if all the others are computer generated and/or printed.

All glory is fleeting.
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Contact the previous owner of the house and ask him.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd get a metal detector to search the backyard for any buried ill-gotten gains. :D