Home Sports Talk

The decline of Ezekiel Elliott

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're like me and you have A LOT of free time on your hands, here's an interesting article on Ezekiel Elliott.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportskeeda.com/amp/nfl/the-decline-of-ezekiel-elliot

Comments

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2020 5:24AM

Jerry’s loyalty to players clouds his mind when it comes to making sound financial decisions.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

His situation is awful though, his OL has been decimated with injury and Dak getting hurt obviously means teams will focus more on him. He is a great RB and should bounce back next year I think

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

dallas has become Cincinnati and Cleveland combined . These players should drink poison

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he'll bounce back eventually. Dallas is just a mess this year.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    His situation is awful though, his OL has been decimated with injury and Dak getting hurt obviously means teams will focus more on him. He is a great RB and should bounce back next year I think

You have seen the RB by committee work so well in New England. Buffalo has been semi successful with it the last 3 years. Buffalo has 2 backs with a total salary of $1M. Play your rookies for 4 years and draft another in the 3rd or 4th round. At the moment there are only 2 RB’s worth big money and Zek hasn’t been one of them.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dallas Cowboy hype will only get you so far.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Living here in Cowboys country I have followed this guys career closely. He is a very special and unique back. Beyond the O-line decimation (their line is horrible) Zeke doesn't seem to be making that last guy miss. But he also is not getting the blocks. I wouldn't count him out. But you know how it is with running backs. He has a lot of miles on him.