Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Miscut one dollar bill.

DuggernautDuggernaut Posts: 9
edited November 11, 2020 12:21PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

I have a miscut one dollar bill that I would appreciate any information on. Pics are attached. 2017 series Chicago. This particular bill was offset equally on the front and back and with a jeweler's loupe you can see the very beginning of the next bill in the series. Are these as uncommon as I am hearing and do they hold value?

Comments

• Options
    DuggernautDuggernaut Posts: 9
    edited November 11, 2020 12:40PM

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

Extremely poorly centered note. I’ve always been told that to be considered an error, the note must exhibit a portion of an adjoining note in the margin. I have one example in my collection that barely squeaks by as an error. If you look closely, you’re able to see a tiny sliver of the note below this note in the lower margin.

• Options

@mbwizkid said:
    Extremely poorly centered note. I’ve always been told that to be considered an error, the note must exhibit a portion of an adjoining note in the margin. I have one example in my collection that barely squeaks by as an error. If you look closely, you’re able to see a tiny sliver of the note below this note in the lower margin.

Yes in my description i stated that you see a thin line of the adjoining note printed on the very left edge of the one pictured. With my jewelers loupe I can see it clearly. Does this help my cause?

• Options
    tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

sold for $5.50 on ebay

• Options

@tomtomtomtom said:
    sold for $5.50 on ebay

Yeah I'll just keep mine.

• Options

@Duggernaut said:

@tomtomtomtom said:
    sold for $5.50 on ebay

Yeah I'll just keep mine.

Why not...it cost you a $1

• Options

Ikr!

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do they still sell uncut sheets and partial sheets to the public? If they do a note like that could be easily cut from a sheet and be offered as an "error".

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2020 11:08AM

@291fifth said:
    Do they still sell uncut sheets and partial sheets to the public? If they do a note like that could be easily cut from a sheet and be offered as an "error".

you see that on Ebay all the time....scammers can make a lot more money luring the unsuspecting with more obvious freak notes...The BEP has lists of all the sheets sold but uninformed collectors don't know this.....This one is real but is not worth much more than $5 (to someone wanting to pay $5)...since there is only $1 invested, keep it in a drawer.