Home Sports Talk

$7.5 Million Patrick Mahomes collection hits eBay

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone has listed their entire Patrick Mahomes card collection on eBay for $7.5 million. The collection includes 33 1 of 1 cards.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Patrick-Mahomes-SUPER-COLLECTION-GOLD-VINYLS-NFL-SHIELDS-RAINBOWS-33-1-1s/254536350078?hash=item3b438c797e:g:MsEAAOSwN5Ze2UfX

Comments

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭

Yikes! I will never understand modern cards like this. I find this kind of collection so undesirable. Obviously others love it but I would have zero interest in owning any of those cards.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2020 9:59AM

I checked watchcount, and there are 515 watchers on this right now.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

man, that is impressive. the scary thing is, it only takes one wrong hit to Mahomes and that collection is worth $7500.00

active athletes are always risky, unless you are talking about James, Trout and TB12

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

edited November 6, 2020 2:00PM

Of course, I have no room to talk, the money I piss away on boxing cards is insane. I just bought a $150 Joe Louis card two days ago, and I'm on the verge of another purchase of a $170 card right now. I blame the pilgrims, they make me do it!!

My wife is knocking at my chamber door. Go away dear, I'm searching eBay for boxing cards to buy!!

edited November 7, 2020 3:55AM

Ebay is where I bought my squirrel bandit mugshot t-shirt!

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! That is a some serious cards and money lol

This is the most expensive Tom Brady card on eBay right now. It's been on eBay for a while, and it's asking price is $2 million. It is numbered to 10. It is one of his rarest rookie cards.

@doubledragon said:
    This is the most expensive Tom Brady card on eBay right now. It's been on eBay for a while, and it's asking price is $2 million. It is numbered to 10. It is one of his rarest rookie cards.

I wonder if the person selling that actually is trying to sell it? I mean some of these sellers put ridiculous prices on their cards I I often wonder if they are just showcasing their cards.

@perkdog, I wouldn't doubt it, the seller was on social media showing it off a while back. He probably just wants to brag about it.

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2020 4:39AM

You dummies....didn't you see there was free shipping.

To each his own.....But couldn't you buy RC of the HOF sets in PSA 8 for all 4 sports for that???

I just bought a 1941 Play Ball PSA 8 Yankees card and I blame DoubleDragon.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets

@jay0791, I'll take full responsibility for that purchase, I know I am a bad influence! Now, if anyone needs me, I'll be on eBay!

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

Double D

I accept your full responsibility.

Now can you please send me $185.00

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

At least for $7.5 mill there is free shipping

@jay0791 said:
    Double D

I accept your full responsibility.

Now can you please send me $185.00

😂😂😂😂

edited November 7, 2020 10:55AM

At least it’s free shipping though lol. I crack up when I see huge money auctions with a $100 shipping added

Let me just show off one more time, this is my Sugar Ray Robinson card, autographed by Sugar Ray Robinson himself.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know what the collection is worth but certainly not the most desirable Mahomes rookie cards I've seen.
    And not dissing the collection I'm sure the 1/1's are worth a lot.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2020 11:01PM

This Giannis auction doesn’t have as many watchers as that Mahomes listing but I bet it would had it been a BIN. ;)
    https://tinyurl.com/y55s7uev

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2020 10:52AM

@MDLB said:
    What if Mahomes gets Theismann'd this year.

Welcome to the sports talk!

Edited to add: I don't ever remember seeing anyone say it that way. Theismann'd

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whatever he paid in 2017 there’s a profit to be made. Not 7 big ones but surely a little coin if he sells.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2020 5:37PM

dude i thought this was a thread about darin's stash

i was going to quickly remind him of the one person from this forum who drove the backroads of kansas for 6 months with the window rolled down yelling his name in a car purchased from patrick mahomes' dealership

edited November 9, 2020 5:52PM

I don't own these, but they are a few of Mahomes rookies I like. A member of the trading card forum actually owns a copy of the stained glass card on the bottom, it is numbered to 10, and the copy pictured here is on eBay right now. What is the asking price you say? Try $195,000.

@galaxy27 said:
    dude i thought this was a thread about darin's stash

i was going to quickly remind him of the one person from this forum who drove the backroads of kansas for 6 months with the window rolled down yelling his name in a car purchased from patrick mahomes' dealership

galaxy- that's funny I just got back from an eye doctor appointment and on the wall was a big lit up
    picture of Mahomes wearing Oakley glasses. LOL. The dude is going to make more off endorsements than
    his huge Chiefs contract.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

@doubledragon said:
    I don't own these, but they are a few of Mahomes rookies I like. A member of the trading card forum actually owns a copy of the stained glass card on the bottom, it is numbered to 10, and the copy pictured here is on eBay right now. What is the asking price you say? Try $195,000.

DoubleD- I believe its the same member that owns a Mahomes 2016 select redemption card,
    I believe his true rookie and its a gold numbered to ten. And I believe his is the only one graded a psa 10.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

This is the 2016 select. I started buying these when his other rookies like 2017 prizm and contenders auto
    etc started going up a lot because these cards lagged behind for a while. Best thing I ever did. They don't lag behind anymore.
    One of our members a while back posted a gold version of this card and then it was the only psa 10. Maybe still is.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

@Darin said:
    This is the 2016 select. I started buying these when his other rookies like 2017 prizm and contenders auto
    etc started going up a lot because these cards lagged behind for a while. Best thing I ever did. They don't lag behind anymore.
    One of our members a while back posted a gold version of this card and then it was the only psa 10. Maybe still is.

That card is awesome! If it is the same member, he also has a 1961 Fleer Wilt Chamberlain RC graded PSA 9. He has a big time collection worth a lot of dough.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Ebay is where I bought my squirrel bandit mugshot t-shirt!

thats the son of a bitch that filled my coal bin with deconstructed pine cones!