Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Help on valuations, please

YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 5, 2020 10:58AM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Just stumbled across some stuff about which i know nothing.

First, a 1922 $10 gold certificate. Could you help me with a valuation? Yes, I know it is in rough shape.
I have no interest in it, just want to get a fair price. I did find a couple on Ebay.

(Sorry about the shadow across the photo.)

Second, several circulated $5 Series A / B / C 1950 Federal Reserve Notes. Are these worth any premium?

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.

Comments

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess on the gold certificate is about $50.

The $5 FRNs might be worth a premium if in higher grades or are scarce blocks or plate combinations. If you post scans of these others can offer more info. but be sure to include face and back plate numbers.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sellitstore said:
    My guess on the gold certificate is about $50.

The $5 FRNs might be worth a premium if in higher grades or are scarce blocks or plate combinations. If you post scans of these others can offer more info. but be sure to include face and back plate numbers.

These are certainly not higher grades, but here are photos. No crazy serial numbers, but are they better ones?/ Worth more than $5?
    Your opinions (or offers) are welcomed!

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

So far as the $5 notes are concerned, if offered to me my buy price would be $5 each. Condition, condition, condition.

All glory is fleeting.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

spending money except for the gold note, fwiw

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2020 4:38PM

People who think they have something special, have to ask themselves how collectible they are and whether the owners will want to share their recent finds with pride with other collectors?