Home Sports Talk

WEEK 9 PICK'EM CONTEST CONGRATS DRAGON!!!!!

JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 10, 2020 11:20AM in Sports Talk

same rules as before -- pick all 13 games (no Thurs night this week), and include the tiebreaker, which is the total points scored between the Patriots n Jets next Monday night

$25 to the smartest guy in the room, courtesy of mrs. dueces' wallet through JRR300, so guys, get out those handicapping forms and get cracking. Steve K, we will be looking for some new odds after last week results.

good luck all!!!!

Dragon Texans W F T Ravens Vikings Titans Chiefs Seattle Falcons Raiders Dolphin Steelers Bucs Pats 37

Topps Texans W F T Ravens Vikings Bears Chiefs Seattle Falcons Raiders Arizona Steelers Bucs Pats 35
2Dueces Texans W F T Colts Vikings Titans Chiefs Bills Falcons Raiders Arizona Steelers Bucs Pats 45
Zip Texans W F T Colts Vikings Titans Chiefs Seattle Falcons Chargrs Arizona Steelers Saints Pats 41
Darin Texans Giants Colts Vikings Titans Chiefs Seattle Falcons Chargrs Arizona Steelers Bucs Pats 41
Dennis Texans W F T Ravens Vikings Titans Chiefs Seattle Falcons Raiders Arizona Steelers Saints Pats 33
The Show Texans Giants Ravens Vikings Titans Chiefs Seattle Falcons Raiders Arizona Steelers Bucs Pats 33
JRR300 Texans W F T Ravens Vikings Titans Chiefs Seattle Falcons Chargrs Arizona Steelers Bucs Pats 40
Perkdog Jaguars W F T Ravens Vikings Bears Chiefs Seattle Falcons Chargrs Arizona Steelers Bucs Pats 61
BlueJay Jaguars W F T Ravens Lions Bears Chiefs Seattle Denver Chargrs Arizona Steelers Saints Pats 38
Brick Texans W F T Ravens Lions Titans Chiefs Seattle Denver Chargrs Dolphins Steelers Saints Jets 30

Comments

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll take a shot this week.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

that's fine. Just PM your picks to me by noon on Sunday. 13 games (Sunday and Monday) plus total points for Mon nite for tiebreaker.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spreading out the Newspaper

I PM’ed you my picks @JRR300 Thank you guys 👍👍🍻

@JRR300 said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

that's fine. Just PM your picks to me by noon on Sunday. 13 games (Sunday and Monday) plus total points for Mon nite for tiebreaker.

Sent you the picks.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Ok, two are officially in, and I have Perk's picks but no point total. Keep studying those sheets guys and watch out for the paper cuts.
    Steve K, where are the odds?

4 entries thus far. remember tonight's game doesn't count so you still have plenty of time to ponder those handicapping forms and get your entries in.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sent my picks in.

Topps has checked in with his selections, so that makes 5. Let's get those picks in.

Where is Steve K???

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JRR300 said:
    Topps has checked in with his selections, so that makes 5. Let's get those picks in.

Where is Steve K???

You did receive mine?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@2dueces said:

@JRR300 said:

Where is Steve K???

You did receive mine?

yes I did. I thought I PM's you, as you were one of the first two I received. Went out on a limb with your Bills pick this week. Good Luck.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

I need to know if Sam Darnold is starting before making picks, if so then time to go for Jets first win.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

@JRR300 said:

@2dueces said:

@JRR300 said:

Where is Steve K???

You did receive mine?

yes I did. I thought I PM's you, as you were one of the first two I received. Went out on a limb with your Bills pick this week. Good Luck.

Always the optimist! Funny thing this football thing. You would think Seattle is balling out and Buffalo is struggling on offense. Buffalo is 10th in passing yards. Seattle defense is dead last in total and passing. John Brown, Bills deep threat is finally off the injured list. 60 degrees and sunny. One of these games Wilson isn’t going to able to will Seattle to a win. Welcome the 7-2 Buffalo Bills. 🙏

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in.

Three more in, bringing our total to 8. I'll make my picks later tonight for entry #9. Two regulars still missing, Steve K and ZipCity. Still time so get those picks in. Dueces, I'm hoping that Mrs. Dueces hasn't moved her purse to a more secure location.

@JRR300 said:
    Three more in, bringing our total to 8. I'll make my picks later tonight for entry #9. Two regulars still missing, Steve K and ZipCity. Still time so get those picks in. Dueces, I'm hoping that Mrs. Dueces hasn't moved her purse to a more secure location.

The envelope with JRR300 on the outside is firmly tucked under the mattress along with a 1987 copy of an unnamed girly mag.

W.C.Fields

@Darin said:
    I need to know if Sam Darnold is starting before making picks, if so then time to go for Jets first win.

Well I couldn't bring myself to pick the Jets, even if Darnold plays his shoulder isn't 100%.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

We have no brave souls who have taken the Jets!!!! Where is Steve K when you need him.

• zippcityzippcity Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭

wk 9 picks in.

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll take the Jets. That puts me one up on everyone.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

OK, we have two more. Zippcity is in and a new comer Brick is in(although I need his point total).

Looks like Steve is still MIA. There is still time for any others. Cutoff is noon EDT.

edited November 8, 2020 9:18AM

@Brick said:
    I'll take the Jets. That puts me one up on everyone.

the audacity :#

Edited to remove an unintended double quotation

oK guys, picks are posted, but I still need a total from Brick. Sorry bout the format; I can't manage to keep the columns spaced out.
    Good luck all. Will see if I can get back with an update after the 1:00 games are finished.

@2dueces said:

@JRR300 said:

@2dueces said:

@JRR300 said:

Where is Steve K???

You did receive mine?

Always the optimist! Funny thing this football thing. You would think Seattle is balling out and Buffalo is struggling on offense. Buffalo is 10th in passing yards. Seattle defense is dead last in total and passing. John Brown, Bills deep threat is finally off the injured list. 60 degrees and sunny. One of these games Wilson isn’t going to able to will Seattle to a win. Welcome the 7-2 Buffalo Bills. 🙏

Buffalo hounded Wilson all day. 18 hits, 5 sacks, 2 fumbles and 2 interceptions. I said one of these games Wilson wouldn’t be able to bail out the 32nd ranked defense. Josh Allen? Only 31-38 415 yards, 3 TD’s and a rushing TD AND No turnovers. Say hello to the 7-2 Buffalo Bills!

W.C.Fields

Big win by the Bills! Every except Dueces takes it on the chin that game.

After the 1PM games, TheShow has only 1 loss, while there are 5 entries with just two (Dragon, Dueces, Darrin, Dennis and JRR). Looks like the Raiders=Chargers game at 4 will ween out a few.
    Good luck for those that still have a chance.

Everyone took Arizona?

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said:
    Everyone took Arizona?

Looks like a couple picked Miami. I didn't watch that game but the highlights looked good.

The talking heads crowned the NFC West as the toughest division in the NFL. I’m not so sure after today. The only teams all 4 have beat are each other and teams with 1 or 2 wins.
    Seattle wins
    Falcons
    Patriots
    Vikings
    Cowboys

Arizona wins
    Washington
    Jets
    Cowboys

Rams wins
    Cowboys
    Eagles
    Giants
    Washington

49ers wins
    Jets
    Giants
    Patriots

W.C.Fields

OK, the 4 pm games are completed with a surprise. The Dolphins outscore the Cards in the desert; only 2 people had the Dolphins. The Raiders-Chargers toss up game goes to the Raiders as the Chargers keep losing games late.

Right now, Dragon and Theshow each have 2 losses with Mr. Brady in tonight's game, while Dennis has 3 losses and the Saints. For the rest of us, it's back to the drawing board.

Good luck tonight.

I'm glad I did not put my real $ bets on my picks. I primarily bet over score parlays. Then I don't care who wins.

Saints 28-0 at half??? Who would'a thunk it!!!!!

It looks like we have a three way tie. Dragon, Dennis and TheShow all have 3 losses; very well done. Since all three of these have the Patriots tonight, it will all come down to the points tiebreaker. Both Dennis and TheShow have 33 points, so if they are the winners, they will split the prize. Dragon has 37 points, so anything 36 and over will give him the win. At 35 points, there will be a 3 way split.
    Good luck tonight. Dueces, is there any change in that envelope?????

@JRR300 said:
    It looks like we have a three way tie. Dragon, Dennis and TheShow all have 3 losses; very well done. Since all three of these have the Patriots tonight, it will all come down to the points tiebreaker. Both Dennis and TheShow have 33 points, so if they are the winners, they will split the prize. Dragon has 37 points, so anything 36 and over will give him the win. At 35 points, there will be a 3 way split.

There is a reason I chose 33.

Good reason, but it looks like it's not going to help you here. Best you can get is a split.....almost like kissing your sister!

@JRR300 said:
    Good reason, but it looks like it's not going to help you here. Best you can get is a split.....almost like kissing your sister!

Yeah. almost

33 is a pretty low total for a modern NFL game. 8 teams put that up by themselves yesterday. But we are talking about the worst offense in NFL history and the 29th ranked offense this year.

W.C.Fields

@JRR300 said:

Thank you @JRR300 , @2dueces , Mrs 2dueces , @galaxy27 , and all other participating forum members and supporting cast for this fun competition.

And FELICIDADES @doubledragon

@doubledragon Send me your PayPal and I’ll send you this weeks winnings.
    Congratulations!

W.C.Fields

Congrats, Dragon. Well Done!!!!

Congrats Double D!! 👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2020 11:58AM

Thanks everybody, I really can't believe I won. I am in shock, I just won by pure dumb luck. A lot of the games are a flip of the coin, so it's really tough to pick them. I just appreciate this community we have here, and you guys have become like a family. Thanks everyone.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats double d !!

A lot of> @MCMLVTopps said:

Congrats double d !!

Thanks buddy! 🖒

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I just appreciate this community we have here, and you guys have become like a family. Thanks everyone.

Mom always liked you best.

@hammer1 said:

@doubledragon said:
    I just appreciate this community we have here, and you guys have become like a family. Thanks everyone.

Mom always liked you best.

😂😂 She hated me last week.

@2dueces, Did you get the PM I sent about what to do with the prize money?

Well done doubleD!
    You've accounted for a lot of entertainment on this board so I'm glad you have bragging rights this week. :)

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

I just saw it.
    @doubledragon has graciously declined this weeks prize pool and has decided to let it ride again for next weeks winner. This place is amazing. That’s 3 or 4 weeks in a row the winner has allowed the contest to continue. This place is truly a great community. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said:
    I just saw it.
    @doubledragon has graciously declined this weeks prize pool and has decided to let it ride again for next weeks winner. This place is amazing. That’s 3 or 4 weeks in a row the winner has allowed the contest to continue. This place is truly a great community. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Ok, I'm glad you got it, thanks buddy! 🖒🖒

@Darin said:
    Well done doubleD!
    You've accounted for a lot of entertainment on this board so I'm glad you have bragging rights this week. :)

Thanks Darin, I'm still in shock, but the joy of victory is sweet!