Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

Stacks Bowers auction now

Anybody having trouble getting on this auction? I can't log in or see any lots.

Comments

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • gscoinsgscoins Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

For what it's worth, I tried to get on the auction website five minutes before the auction was to start with no luck. I called SB in California and got a helpful staffer who told me she was getting the same result I was (no auction site, no list of pending bids, etc) and told me (after a brief hold) that "they were working on it" and I should continue to try. I did several times with the same result. Finally after about 10-15 minutes, whatever problem they had was resolved, but by the the auction had begun and several lots had already sold, including one I was very interested in. Fortunately, I had placed a bid in beforehand which was successful. But it was a bit surprising that whatever issue I had (and others, it appears) wasn't fixed before the sale began.

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

There were at least 3 glitches during the auction where the online lots were not visible nor could you log in. It seems live bidding was unaffected, so the auctioneer did not know there was any problem until another person told him to pause the auction.

Personally, I think Stacks has outgrown that very clunky auction platform they are using and should work to find a better one. But I have been saying this for the better part of 20 years and they haven't listened yet!

• AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was bidding on a coin, a Mexican 5 centavos and suddenly the whole thing stopped. It took like 20 minutes to restart and I thought I lost the piece... But then it restarted where it left and the coin is coming home. In that regard i think HA has a superb platform and yes SB is behind. And Sedwick uses an even worse one. Just saying.

• YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Abuelo said:

In that regard i think HA has a superb platform and yes SB is behind. And Sedwick uses an even worse one. Just saying.

Agreed

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.